Remembering back to when I did the A+ Cupid 3 review, during the build I ran into a slight issue. The issue was that when I installed the retail Intel cooler that accompanied my E8600, it was binding with the PSU that was mounted directly above it. Correcting the issue of alignment was pretty easy to overcome, but that left the fans, both on the PSU and the retail cooler, millimeters away, starving each other for what air that managed to get into the case. This hurt both CPU cooling performance as well as allowing the PSU to run a little warmer than expected.
This issue had been on my mind for some time now, as I wanted to use this downstairs as a web browser and movie player. With both fans starving each other I wasn't comfortable setting it in my entertainment center, where air flow is already at a minimum. Then, not too long ago, SilverStone via e-mail asked if I'd like to take a look at one of their low profile CPU coolers. I saw they had both and AMD and Intel versions of these low profile coolers and with my ZOTAC mITX being LGA775 my choice was made easy to figure out which one I would test. I was hoping in the end that this may cure my binding issue inside my Cupid 3 HTPC.
The low profile cooler in question I will review today is the SilverStone NT07-775. The NT is for the Nirogon series of coolers and the 775 at the end is of course for the socket it applies to. The AMD counterpart is labeled as NT07-AM2 and sports a different design entirely; this makes selection of the right version of CPU cooler very simple. SilverStone boasts better cooling performance and at a lower noise level than the Intel retail cooler. Soon, after a few images, I will strap these two coolers up in a head to head comparison. Let's see what the NT07-775 low profile cooler has to offer in HTPC or SFF cases.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The SilverStone NT07-775 Low Profile CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti has no PCIe power connector
- AMD rumored to launch Vega 10 with HBM2 later this year
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now