Is it cramped in here or just me?
With all the cables connected, you can see it gets a little bit cramped and cable routing becomes a bit of a challenge, even for the veterans of case modding.
One issue I had with the motherboard and heatsink combination is the fouling of the SO-DIMM laptop style RAM modules; while not preventing operation of the system, it just makes us reviewers suck air through our teeth the whole time.
Firing the system up, there is very little in way of discernable noise coming from the system; the steel does a good job of silencing most of the internal whirrings and noises that beefier systems tend to make.
The first thing to do was test the ability of the case to remain cool under pressure; so I fired up a mixed mode burn in, taxing the CPU, the RAM and the chipsets to get the maximum power dissipation.
After an hour, the case temperatures levelled out at a mediocre 55degrees with a gentle breeze of warm air emanating from the exhaust port to warm my cold hands on. While this is a tad on the warm side for my liking, it is important to remember this is a very compact form factor case, so there is nowhere for hot air to go but out through the exhaust port. So you are likely to get readings from the warm air coming straight off the HSF before it is being extracted.
Overall, I would say this case is an ideal solution for anyone looking to build an ITX setup without breaking the bank. However, it would probably be better coupled with a lower powered system such as an Atom based ITX so there is less thermal build-up inside the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [The blackness engulfs us]
- Page 2 [Bullseyes and T16's]
- Page 3 [Don't stop 'till you pop!]
- Page 4 [Naked on the inside]
- Page 5 [Half the height; half the calories]
- Page 6 [Slam in the lamb!]
- Page 7 [Is it cramped in here, or is it just me?]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand