P45 chipset boards are now coming in thick and fast. Intel really has a cash cow when it comes to the 4 series chipsets, especially P45. While P35 managed to give Intel the winning hand over AMD, P45s upgraded features such as true Crossfire support, PCIe 2.0 specs as well as upgraded DDR2 and DDR3 memory controllers has us looking at what could now be the next '440BX' chipset.
GIGABYTE has been on the forefront of motherboard technology for some time; not only were they the first to introduce dual phase voltage systems on their boards to allow voltage phases above 8, but they were the first company to introduce the RoHS motherboards as well as being able to implement any sort of power saving technology on their boards. While others claim to save more power, GIGABYTE can't be knocked for starting this power saving revolution and it continues today.
Just recently GIGABYTE added a new chapter to its motherboard line, namely the Ultra Durable 3 design. UD3 is the final replacement for the UD2 line that GIGABYTE has used for the last three years and hopefully we will see a lot more UD3 based boards in the near future. Today we have the first UD3 board to roll out from GIGABYTEs Taiwan factory; we graciously test out the EP45-UD3P.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog