P45 chipset boards are now coming in thick and fast. Intel really has a cash cow when it comes to the 4 series chipsets, especially P45. While P35 managed to give Intel the winning hand over AMD, P45s upgraded features such as true Crossfire support, PCIe 2.0 specs as well as upgraded DDR2 and DDR3 memory controllers has us looking at what could now be the next '440BX' chipset.
GIGABYTE has been on the forefront of motherboard technology for some time; not only were they the first to introduce dual phase voltage systems on their boards to allow voltage phases above 8, but they were the first company to introduce the RoHS motherboards as well as being able to implement any sort of power saving technology on their boards. While others claim to save more power, GIGABYTE can't be knocked for starting this power saving revolution and it continues today.
Just recently GIGABYTE added a new chapter to its motherboard line, namely the Ultra Durable 3 design. UD3 is the final replacement for the UD2 line that GIGABYTE has used for the last three years and hopefully we will see a lot more UD3 based boards in the near future. Today we have the first UD3 board to roll out from GIGABYTEs Taiwan factory; we graciously test out the EP45-UD3P.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- Battlefield devs rip on new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer
- Modern Warfare Remastered: maps, dedicated servers and more
- Infinite Warfare is Call of Duty's first interplanetary space odyssey
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched