While motherboards are coming out with built in RAID functions these days, either by additional PCIe based RAID controllers or via the Southbridge chip, RAID has become a common function. HighPoint has been the biggest player when it comes to onboard RAID on motherboards; in fact, HighPoints HPT360 chipset was the first IDE controller chipset to be hacked with RAID functions. Today HighPoint has some of the most impressive RAID controllers aimed at end users right through to enterprise server requirements.
With the introduction of PCI Express, mass storage controllers on the desktop PC have hit new heights; the PCI bus was simply too limiting to handle RAID arrays with more than two drives, but PCI Express allows for increased bandwidth as it scales upwards, giving the controller as much bandwidth as it can handle, providing it's built for the task.
Today we have HighPoints RocketRAID 3120 Hardware IOP 2-port RAID controller card for testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform