While motherboards are coming out with built in RAID functions these days, either by additional PCIe based RAID controllers or via the Southbridge chip, RAID has become a common function. HighPoint has been the biggest player when it comes to onboard RAID on motherboards; in fact, HighPoints HPT360 chipset was the first IDE controller chipset to be hacked with RAID functions. Today HighPoint has some of the most impressive RAID controllers aimed at end users right through to enterprise server requirements.
With the introduction of PCI Express, mass storage controllers on the desktop PC have hit new heights; the PCI bus was simply too limiting to handle RAID arrays with more than two drives, but PCI Express allows for increased bandwidth as it scales upwards, giving the controller as much bandwidth as it can handle, providing it's built for the task.
Today we have HighPoints RocketRAID 3120 Hardware IOP 2-port RAID controller card for testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity