While motherboards are coming out with built in RAID functions these days, either by additional PCIe based RAID controllers or via the Southbridge chip, RAID has become a common function. HighPoint has been the biggest player when it comes to onboard RAID on motherboards; in fact, HighPoints HPT360 chipset was the first IDE controller chipset to be hacked with RAID functions. Today HighPoint has some of the most impressive RAID controllers aimed at end users right through to enterprise server requirements.
With the introduction of PCI Express, mass storage controllers on the desktop PC have hit new heights; the PCI bus was simply too limiting to handle RAID arrays with more than two drives, but PCI Express allows for increased bandwidth as it scales upwards, giving the controller as much bandwidth as it can handle, providing it's built for the task.
Today we have HighPoints RocketRAID 3120 Hardware IOP 2-port RAID controller card for testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications