Today's adventure takes us back once again to NVIDIA, which seems to be getting a lot of press lately. The introduction of the GTX200 Series GPU has brought NVIDIA new fame with impressive scores. And with the option of SLI, NVIDIA has another ace up its sleeve; the only chipsets to support it.
NVIDIA has held back licensing of SLI compatible chipsets from its competitors; namely Intel and AMD, especially since AMD now owns ATI Graphics. To this end, if you want an SLI setup, you either have to get an NVIDIA based chipset or get one of NVIDIA's GX2 graphics cards.
Today we have been sent XFX's version of the 790i Ultra SLI based motherboard. Just about all of NVIDIA's graphics partners are now making motherboards based on these chipsets in order to get good pricing on the graphics chips. How well will the XFX board perform? Let's take a look and see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Our 'Guardians' giveaway is out of this Galaxy!
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Nintendo should have big Switch stockpile for holidays
- Flash shortage may last throughout 2018
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes