Aeneon is one of the newest entrants into the memory market, and it's definitely a cut throat world. Overclocking depends on a number of factors. First and foremost is a CPU that can handle the increase in speed; AMD has dropped the ball here with the Phenom, but Intel's Core 2 Duo 45nm range fits the bill just right.
Next is a good chipset, and there are a few out there; mostly Intel at that. P35 has proven to be the best so far, and X38 does the job for the average overclocker, but not for enthusiasts. P45 is set to be the next big thing, but that's still up in the air for us at this early stage.
Lastly, you need a good set of memory modules; this is where things really hang. With companies like OCZ, Corsair and Kingston already with a name for producing some of the highest clocking memory modules, it's hard to start up a new memory company aimed at enthusiasts, but Aeneon really hasn't let this stop them.
XTune is their brand of enthusiast level memory modules. While our first encounter with the XTune was less than fantastic, we don't reject companies from coming back with new products to try out. Today we have the newest addition, being a DDR2 package. That's right; DDR2 still lives and it's definitely not going anywhere soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 4 netcode significantly improved on Xbox One and PS4
- Google giving out 2GB free Drive space for Safer Internet Day
- Dark Souls III has a beautifully dramatic opening cinematic
- Google might be planning on launching new VR headset later this year
- MSI launches GT72S G Tobii gaming laptop with eye-tracking, GTX 980M
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance