Aeneon is one of the newest entrants into the memory market, and it's definitely a cut throat world. Overclocking depends on a number of factors. First and foremost is a CPU that can handle the increase in speed; AMD has dropped the ball here with the Phenom, but Intel's Core 2 Duo 45nm range fits the bill just right.
Next is a good chipset, and there are a few out there; mostly Intel at that. P35 has proven to be the best so far, and X38 does the job for the average overclocker, but not for enthusiasts. P45 is set to be the next big thing, but that's still up in the air for us at this early stage.
Lastly, you need a good set of memory modules; this is where things really hang. With companies like OCZ, Corsair and Kingston already with a name for producing some of the highest clocking memory modules, it's hard to start up a new memory company aimed at enthusiasts, but Aeneon really hasn't let this stop them.
XTune is their brand of enthusiast level memory modules. While our first encounter with the XTune was less than fantastic, we don't reject companies from coming back with new products to try out. Today we have the newest addition, being a DDR2 package. That's right; DDR2 still lives and it's definitely not going anywhere soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- SpaceX successfully lands another Falcon 9 rocket
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league