While there were whispers of the 8800GS in the background, it was never really one of those cards that got much attention. Everyone was too busy concentrating on the 8800GT and new 8800GTS 512MB card to really pay much attention to it.
By the time talk of the 8800 models had begun to die down, everyone was on to talking about the 9600GT and the newly released 9800 GX2 / 9800 GTX models. It seems that a lot of companies also chose to miss the model completely; it does make sense with the large amount of models out there, but ASUS thought they would take the opportunity to release the model.
ASUS are only one of two companies in Australia who have an 8800GS on the market here. The only other company who chose to take up the card and release it locally was XFX. The card seems to be a bit of a weird model and we're not too sure where it will sit. The card should sit behind a 8800GT, but the 9600GT also sits just behind it. It's possible that both cards perform quite similar and companies chose to uptake the 9 series model over the ageing 8800 series.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR) - XP]
- Page 17 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Report: Crytek Shanghai studio closes due to unpaid rent
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- Phanteks EVOLV MATX Micro-Tower Chassis Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti