While there has been criticism about the acquisition of ATI from the jolly green giant AMD, it has indefinitely produced one good thing, a stable platform for AMD to base its CPU's around. No longer will they have to rely on their third-party chipset manufacturers to make good platforms for them, now they can make their own and so far they have released one chipset under the AMD brand, the 690G.
690G is in no way a high performance chip, it's aimed at the integrated graphics market. However, its design is extremely efficient, its onboard graphics core is one of the fastest we have ever seen for an integrated chipset and it was even able to knock NVIDIA off the top of the IGP market.
The 690G was well ahead of the GeForce 6100 and 6150 in terms of its HD ready design, it's able to accommodate a HDMI interface. AMD put its best foot forward and its taken until now for NVIDIA to come up with a counterpart, enter the GeForce 7050.
NVIDIA's latest IGP based chipset is designed to directly compete with the 690G for the AMD Athlon 64 platform. Today we have been given our first 7050 based board from ASRock, we will be comparing this against the 690G chipset to see which ends up being the better option.
Let's hop to it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 12 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20