Nintendo's new NX console will launch globally on March 2017, the Japanese console-maker announced at their latest earnings call.
"For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed "NX" with a brand-new concept. NX will be launched in March 2017 globally," the company said during the call.
Nintendo will undoubtedly formally announce the Nintendo NX console at E3 2016 in June. The earnings calle is still ongoing, so we'll be sure to update this post when new information releases.
Here's everything we know about Nintendo's NX console so far:
- The NX is rumored to feature gaming at 900p 60FPS with 4K video support
- Devs claim the NX is incredibly easy to develop games for<
- The NX won't have a disc drive, games will be on cartridges
- The console will also have a portable Wii U-like controller that allows gaming on-the-go somewhat like a 3DS
- The NX will support Frostbite, Unreal Engine 4 and Unity
- Nintendo's new console will also interact with smartphones and PCs as well as existing Nintendo hardware like the Wii U and 3DS handheld