GeCube X1600 Pro
The next card in our HDMI-compliant round-up is the GeCube X1600 Pro.
Sporting an ATI RADEON X1600 VPU, 256MB DDR2 graphics memory (512MB HyperMemory) and also CrossFire-ready, it's a beefier contender than the X1300, offering a better gaming experience. It also has a bigger heatsink to cope with the extra grunt, although it too doesn't require extra power.
Unlike the other two cards in our review, this particular unit doesn't have a HDMI interface. Instead, GeCube have enabled HDCP on the card for HD-DVD and Blu-ray compliance, capable of being transmitted over the DVI interfaces, and a DVI-to-HDMI dongle to connect the card to an HDMI input - up to 1080i.
So it's a bit inaccurate to describe this unit as an HDMI media card - it's really an HDCP gaming card with HDMI capabilities. Because it doesn't have a HDMI interface, it can't handle HDMI video and audio streams - only video. It's also a standard rise card with an S-Video/HDTV interface and two DVI interfaces. Useful for connecting the system to a TV and monitor, for example.
The card comes bundled with the DVI-to-HDMI adaptor, DVI-to-RGB adaptor, HDTV cable, S-Video-to-S-Video/Video cable, HDMI-to-HDMI cable, user manual and driver CD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZTE's dual-camera Blade V8 Pro is now on sale for $230
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup