Foxconn's enthusiast C51XEM2AA AM2 motherboard
This afternoon Foxconn held a very up-beat press conference near the Computex area to announce their entry into the retail market as a serious contender for enthusiasts (read: proper channel sales business and success).
At their press conference staff high-ups from Foxconn, AMD, Corsair and Dolby Labs talked about the technology behind Foxconn's C51XEM2AA AM2 motherboard which is based on nVidia's nForce 590 SLI chipset.
While many in the industry have doubted Foxconn as being a real competitor in the retail market after many years of tremendous success in the OEM sector, it seems like Foxconn is starting to make a stand and people are starting to stand up and take notice slowly but surely. Foxconn engineers are starting to think the right way when it comes to creating a real enthusiast based motherboard. From the press release:
Unlike some competitor products, the C51XEM2AA delivers features the enthusiast will really appreciate; reset and power buttons on board - so no more screwdrivers and jumpers for restarting the system 'on the bench', an onboard speaker and 2-digit LED display for easy error debugging, and one of the most comprehensive BIOS menus ever devised. The BIOS displays current values, making it easier for the user to fine-tune their system, whilst voltage increments are intelligently displayed based around existing values, enabling tiny increments to be implemented for real fine-tuning. BIOS settings can be stored in 'profiles' enabling quick and easy retrieval of the numerous settings and tweaks, while the C51XEM2AA also ships with nTune 5.0 - one of the most comprehensive Windows-based system control tools ever devised.
If anything, the main purpose of the press conference felt like Foxconn was trying to send out a strong message to everyone in the industry that they mean business and they have the backing of their partners (such as nVidia and AMD) to do so - at least that is the impression we got. We look forward to getting the C51XEM2AA AM2 motherboard in for review, it does look quite promising and a step in the right direction for Foxconn but only the future will tell how well they end up doing in the retail market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Live coverage from Computex floor]
- Page 2 [Corsair shows PC10000 and RAM cooler]
- Page 3 [HIS mix and match Crossfire plus Dual Mode]
- Page 4 [Cases from Cooler Master and Biostar]
- Page 5 [Palit overclocks VGA and funky LCD glasses]
- Page 6 [Foxconn's enthusiast C51XEM2AA AM2 board]
- Page 7 [Gigabyte's packed high-end Conroe board]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Early Access games dominate Steam game sales in 2015
- Report: Mega Man movie gets greenlit by Fox
- We Heard You Like Discounts
- Acer's new 10-core smartphone will 'dominate' Android gaming
- The first big patch for Windows 10 is coming soon
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015