Corsair shows off PC10000 and new RAM cooler
Our first stop for Day 1 was at Corsair who showcased their products in a suite at the Grand Hyatt hotel.
As usual, Corsair usually save something special for Computex each year - usually to out do any other memory company at the show. Without fail, they managed to surprise us with an AMD Athlon FX-62 based system with XMS DDR-2 memory modules running at an incredible 1252MHz DDR (or PC10000) on an ASUS nVidia nForce 590 SLI motherboard.
This was achieved by setting the CPU HTT to 313MHz which made the FX-62 processor run a little over 3.1GHz. The timings were 5-5-5-18 with a command rate of 2T. Not too shabby at all, we think!
Next on the list from Corsair is a new memory cooler which is due to come out soon - they are just waiting on some branding name decisions to be made. The cooler comes with a total of three fans which assist in providing a better memory overclocking experience. Apparently the fan plugs into a normal 3-pin motherboard fan connector which means the BIOS should be able to take care of all the thermal controls.
Corsair are also putting the finishing touching on their new SLI water block which works with the already released Corsair Nautilus 500 external water cooling system.
Oh, and thanks for the 1GB Voyager pen drive guys!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Live coverage from Computex floor]
- Page 2 [Corsair shows PC10000 and RAM cooler]
- Page 3 [HIS mix and match Crossfire plus Dual Mode]
- Page 4 [Cases from Cooler Master and Biostar]
- Page 5 [Palit overclocks VGA and funky LCD glasses]
- Page 6 [Foxconn's enthusiast C51XEM2AA AM2 board]
- Page 7 [Gigabyte's packed high-end Conroe board]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset