Day 1 live coverage from the Computex floor
While our introduction picture above would suggest a fine day in Taipei for the first day of the Computex computer trade show, things have changed since the morning. As things draw to a close for the first day of the show that Taipei stops for (at least part of town, anyway), over head the dry weather has ceased and the rain is coming down with force with the temperature still remaining high, much to the disgust of visitors to Taiwan. Unfortunately looking at the weather forecast for the week, we can expect a very wet and humid weather with thunderstorms until the show finishes on Saturday.
Continuing on to what matters more for our readers rather than being a weather man, we bring you our first day technology coverage from Computex here in Taipei, the capital of Taiwan. Most folks have already arrived in Taipei by now and the show is well and truly underway with a good amount of people occupying the Computex area. The famous "NY NY" building finally has some company now with AMD, as usual, taking the top with a large inflatable sign and Intel and Sony occupying the rest of the space with some others on other parts of the building.
We started the day surprisingly early this morning at around 10am - and I say surprisingly because we held a Webmaster and Press Party last night and we all managed to get pretty drunk in a short time. We start the day talking to the folks from Corsair about their PC10000 capable memory and new cooling products and finish things off checking out a special new Intel "Broadwater" 965P Express motherboard from Gigabyte. We ended up seeing a bunch of different companies all with something interesting to show.
Welcome to Computex - kick back and feast on the very latest hardware which you'll be able to spend your hard earned dollars on soon!
EDITOR WARNING: Some of these images have purposely been left at full quality (no compression) for best effect. Some of the large versions of the images are over 1MB - 56k users, you have been warned.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Live coverage from Computex floor]
- Page 2 [Corsair shows PC10000 and RAM cooler]
- Page 3 [HIS mix and match Crossfire plus Dual Mode]
- Page 4 [Cases from Cooler Master and Biostar]
- Page 5 [Palit overclocks VGA and funky LCD glasses]
- Page 6 [Foxconn's enthusiast C51XEM2AA AM2 board]
- Page 7 [Gigabyte's packed high-end Conroe board]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Germany to Facebook: Stop collecting Whatsapp user data
- OBS Studio adds support for AMD Video Coding Engine
- Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3 first games with Microsoft DRM
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now