Day 1 live coverage from the Computex floor
While our introduction picture above would suggest a fine day in Taipei for the first day of the Computex computer trade show, things have changed since the morning. As things draw to a close for the first day of the show that Taipei stops for (at least part of town, anyway), over head the dry weather has ceased and the rain is coming down with force with the temperature still remaining high, much to the disgust of visitors to Taiwan. Unfortunately looking at the weather forecast for the week, we can expect a very wet and humid weather with thunderstorms until the show finishes on Saturday.
Continuing on to what matters more for our readers rather than being a weather man, we bring you our first day technology coverage from Computex here in Taipei, the capital of Taiwan. Most folks have already arrived in Taipei by now and the show is well and truly underway with a good amount of people occupying the Computex area. The famous "NY NY" building finally has some company now with AMD, as usual, taking the top with a large inflatable sign and Intel and Sony occupying the rest of the space with some others on other parts of the building.
We started the day surprisingly early this morning at around 10am - and I say surprisingly because we held a Webmaster and Press Party last night and we all managed to get pretty drunk in a short time. We start the day talking to the folks from Corsair about their PC10000 capable memory and new cooling products and finish things off checking out a special new Intel "Broadwater" 965P Express motherboard from Gigabyte. We ended up seeing a bunch of different companies all with something interesting to show.
Welcome to Computex - kick back and feast on the very latest hardware which you'll be able to spend your hard earned dollars on soon!
EDITOR WARNING: Some of these images have purposely been left at full quality (no compression) for best effect. Some of the large versions of the images are over 1MB - 56k users, you have been warned.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Live coverage from Computex floor]
- Page 2 [Corsair shows PC10000 and RAM cooler]
- Page 3 [HIS mix and match Crossfire plus Dual Mode]
- Page 4 [Cases from Cooler Master and Biostar]
- Page 5 [Palit overclocks VGA and funky LCD glasses]
- Page 6 [Foxconn's enthusiast C51XEM2AA AM2 board]
- Page 7 [Gigabyte's packed high-end Conroe board]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Interview with Boba Fett from ANHSE, an animation mastermind
- Michael Fassbender compares Assassin's Creed movie with The Matrix
- The best-paid CEO in the US is Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance