The Z270X-Designare actually has a white/silver looking PCB, RGB LED lighting, and uses white/silver heat sinks. The Designare brand is made for case modders and unique builds, and GIGABYTE's use of white/silver is bold.
One feature the Z270X-Designare brings to the table is the 20-pin USB 3.1 internal header, and I believe this is the first GIGABYTE motherboard to carry it.
The Z270N-Gaming 5
The Z270N-Gaming 5 is a really interesting board in that it seems to be GIGABYTE's mini OC motherboard with two DIMMs and tons of overclocking features. It does support two GPUs if you use a riser card, offers Intel wired and wireless NICs, and carries the new audio codec with 120dB SNR.
While all the consumer features are nice, I was surprised to see GIGABYTE added the OC panel header to the motherboard, so you can use the same OC panel pictured along with the Z270X-Gaming SOC to overclock this motherboard. The motherboard also carries the black and orange color theme unique to GIGABYTE's overclocking series.
Two DIMMs is preferable to four DIMMs for memory overclocking, and time will tell how this motherboard will do. The motherboard does seem to have a six phase VRM just for the VCore and two phases for the iGPU.
For those of you who want M.2, there is a slot located on the rear of the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Overwatch map editor, highlight savings are coming soon
- GTX 1080 Ti hits 3GHz on LN2, all on reference PCB
- Mass Effect: Andromeda has a $100 microtransaction
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Can't find thumbscrews in PC-O9
- Lost Audio on Asus GL753 VE-DS74 Laptop
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter