The Z270X-Designare actually has a white/silver looking PCB, RGB LED lighting, and uses white/silver heat sinks. The Designare brand is made for case modders and unique builds, and GIGABYTE's use of white/silver is bold.
One feature the Z270X-Designare brings to the table is the 20-pin USB 3.1 internal header, and I believe this is the first GIGABYTE motherboard to carry it.
The Z270N-Gaming 5
The Z270N-Gaming 5 is a really interesting board in that it seems to be GIGABYTE's mini OC motherboard with two DIMMs and tons of overclocking features. It does support two GPUs if you use a riser card, offers Intel wired and wireless NICs, and carries the new audio codec with 120dB SNR.
While all the consumer features are nice, I was surprised to see GIGABYTE added the OC panel header to the motherboard, so you can use the same OC panel pictured along with the Z270X-Gaming SOC to overclock this motherboard. The motherboard also carries the black and orange color theme unique to GIGABYTE's overclocking series.
Two DIMMs is preferable to four DIMMs for memory overclocking, and time will tell how this motherboard will do. The motherboard does seem to have a six phase VRM just for the VCore and two phases for the iGPU.
For those of you who want M.2, there is a slot located on the rear of the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- ASUS ZenFone 4 to be premium device with Snapdragon 835
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4