Version and / or Patch Used: 5.0.2
CrystalDiskMark is disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark sequential and 4K random performance with accuracy.
Like we saw with Anvil's, the BiCS-powered drive delivers superior read performance, and the Micron-powered drive superior write performance. The BiCS-powered drive delivers a milestone 42 MB/s 4K read performance. This is a milestone for Phison because this is the first time any Phison SATA SSD has been able to exceed 10K 4K QD1 read IOPS or even get close. It's incredible performance for a DRAM-less two-channel SSD.
The 4K write performance of the BiCS-powered drive is being held back by a whopping 50% by Windows 10 as we will see when we switch to Server 2008 for our Maxed Out Performance (MOP) testing. This is likely due to a bug in the ES firmware. The Micron-powered drive doesn't suffer the same drastic 4K write performance drop with Windows 10 as does the BiCS-powered drive.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.8.5611.39791
AS SSD determines the performance of SSDs. The tool contains four synthetic as well as three practice tests. The synthetic tests are to determine the sequential and random read/write performance of the SSD.
AS SSD is a demanding test, and both drives handle it well. We feel that a score of 1,000 plus separates high performing SSDs from low performing SSDs. Both drives deliver a score of over 1,000 points. The BiCS-powered version handily outperforms the Micron-powered drive with a blistering score of over 1,100 points.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System and Settings]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based) - PCMark Vantage & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kingdom Hearts 3 may release in 2019
- Google Pixel 2 devices to feature Snapdragon 835
- Fisker to unveil their new electric car in August
- New Friday the 13th game slashes PC, consoles this May
- Nintendo Switch owners can share game updates locally
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family