Version and / or Patch Used: 5.0.2
CrystalDiskMark is disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark sequential and 4K random performance with accuracy.
Like we saw with Anvil's, the BiCS-powered drive delivers superior read performance, and the Micron-powered drive superior write performance. The BiCS-powered drive delivers a milestone 42 MB/s 4K read performance. This is a milestone for Phison because this is the first time any Phison SATA SSD has been able to exceed 10K 4K QD1 read IOPS or even get close. It's incredible performance for a DRAM-less two-channel SSD.
The 4K write performance of the BiCS-powered drive is being held back by a whopping 50% by Windows 10 as we will see when we switch to Server 2008 for our Maxed Out Performance (MOP) testing. This is likely due to a bug in the ES firmware. The Micron-powered drive doesn't suffer the same drastic 4K write performance drop with Windows 10 as does the BiCS-powered drive.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.8.5611.39791
AS SSD determines the performance of SSDs. The tool contains four synthetic as well as three practice tests. The synthetic tests are to determine the sequential and random read/write performance of the SSD.
AS SSD is a demanding test, and both drives handle it well. We feel that a score of 1,000 plus separates high performing SSDs from low performing SSDs. Both drives deliver a score of over 1,000 points. The BiCS-powered version handily outperforms the Micron-powered drive with a blistering score of over 1,100 points.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System and Settings]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based) - PCMark Vantage & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 rumored to get support for HDR soon
- Star Wars Battlefront II's new trailer looks INCREDIBLE
- NVIDIA announces SLI/HDR support for Shadow of War on PC
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- Destiny 2 will have 21:9, SLI, HDR support on the PC
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience