Version and / or Patch Used: 5.0.2
CrystalDiskMark is disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark sequential and 4K random performance with accuracy.
Like we saw with Anvil's, the BiCS-powered drive delivers superior read performance, and the Micron-powered drive superior write performance. The BiCS-powered drive delivers a milestone 42 MB/s 4K read performance. This is a milestone for Phison because this is the first time any Phison SATA SSD has been able to exceed 10K 4K QD1 read IOPS or even get close. It's incredible performance for a DRAM-less two-channel SSD.
The 4K write performance of the BiCS-powered drive is being held back by a whopping 50% by Windows 10 as we will see when we switch to Server 2008 for our Maxed Out Performance (MOP) testing. This is likely due to a bug in the ES firmware. The Micron-powered drive doesn't suffer the same drastic 4K write performance drop with Windows 10 as does the BiCS-powered drive.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.8.5611.39791
AS SSD determines the performance of SSDs. The tool contains four synthetic as well as three practice tests. The synthetic tests are to determine the sequential and random read/write performance of the SSD.
AS SSD is a demanding test, and both drives handle it well. We feel that a score of 1,000 plus separates high performing SSDs from low performing SSDs. Both drives deliver a score of over 1,000 points. The BiCS-powered version handily outperforms the Micron-powered drive with a blistering score of over 1,100 points.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System and Settings]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based) - PCMark Vantage & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- Small patch for No Man's Sky incoming
- Resident Evil 7's campaign takes 14-16 hours to beat
- Worms WMD is getting an update on December 7
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair