Iometer – Disk Response
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
We use Iometer to measure disk response times. Disk response times are measured at an industry-accepted standard of 4k QD1 for both write and read. Each test is run twice for 30 seconds consecutively, with a 5 second ramp-up before each test. The drive/array is partitioned and attached as a secondary device for this testing.
Average Disk Response
Write response times benefit most from RAID 0 because of write caching. There is a slight latency increase in read response times for an array versus a single drive.
DiskBench ? Directory Copy
Version and / or Patch Used: 184.108.40.206
We use DiskBench to time a 28.6GB block (9,882 files in 1,247 folders) of mostly incompressible random data as it's transferred from our OS array to our test drive/array. We then read from a 6GB zip file that's part of our 28.6GB data block to determine the test drive/array's read transfer rate. The system is restarted prior to the read test to clear any cached data, ensuring an accurate test result.
Write Transfer Rate
Read Transfer Rate
Finally our M5M array redeems itself. Most notable, we can see that the M5M has superior flash in comparison to our EVO array, and as such, it has superior write transfer performance to go along with its vastly superior endurance capabilities.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Drive Details, Test System Setup, Drive Properties, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO, Anvil Storage Utilities, CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 835 VR dev kit program
- Qualcomm and Leap Motion: use real life hands in VR
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording