Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Seagate's 600 Pro SATA III SSD is available in six capacity sizes, 100GB, 120GB, 200GB, 240GB, 400GB, and 480GB. The 100GB, 200GB, and 400GB variants have far greater endurance ratings than the 120GB, 240GB, and 480GB variants.
Specifications list the 200GB 600 Series Pro SSD as capable of 520MB/s sequential reads and 450MB/s sequential writes. Random read/write speed is listed at 85,000/30,000 IOPS. The write IOPS listed is what the drive is capable of in a steady state.
Seagate's 600 Series Pro is available in a 2.5" x 7mm z-height form factor. At time of this report, a 200GB Seagate 600 Pro retails for north of $300 dollars, making it a sizable investment, but an investment that in my opinion is certainly money well spent. For most of us, nothing is more valuable than the data we store on our system's non-volatile storage platforms. The hardware, no matter how expensive, is almost never worth what our data is.
So, paying a little more for the superior data performance and protection afforded by a Seagate 600 Pro makes owning one a great investment. This SSD is engineered to provide you constant, consistent enthusiast/light enterprise performance for the long haul. Seagate warranties the 600 Pro for an industry leading five years, and a whopping 520 TBW (Terabytes Written).
PRICING: You can find the Seagate 600 Series Pro SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Seagate 600 Series Pro 100GB SSD retails for $202.60 at Amazon, the Seagate 600 Series Pro 120GB SSD retails for $174.87 at Amazon, theSeagate 600 Series Pro 200GB SSD retails for $347.92 at Amazon, the Seagate 600 Series Pro 240GB SSD retails for $400.00 at Amazon, the Seagate 600 Series Pro 400GB SSD retails for $777.64 at Amazon, and the Seagate 600 Series Pro 480GB SSD retails for $803.69 at Amazon.
Canada: The Seagate 600 Series Pro 100GB SSD retails for $179.99 at Amazon Canada, the Seagate 600 Series Pro 120GB SSD retails for $179.99 at Amazon Canada, the Seagate 600 Series Pro 200GB SSD retails for $294.99 at Amazon Canada, the Seagate 600 Series Pro 240GB SSD retails for $363.91 at Amazon Canada, the Seagate 600 Series Pro 400GB SSD retails for $858.48 at Amazon Canada, and the Seagate 600 Series Pro 480GB SSD retails for $679.56 at Amazon Canada.
Since this is a RAID review, we are going to focus on performance rather than features. For a more in-depth look at the Seagate 600's feature set, I will refer you to Paul Alcorns's extensive review of the Seagate 600 Pro SSD.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 Series Pro 200GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch cartridge advantage killed by Lego game
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design