Seagate 600 240GB
Our drives arrived bare so we don't have anything to show you as far as packaging goes.
The top and sides of the enclosure are formed from a single piece of cast glass beaded aluminum painted black. There is an attractive white wave graphic running across the top of the enclosure and a white Seagate logo beside it.
The bottom of the drive enclosure is formed from a piece of sheet metal. The bottom of the enclosure interlocks with the top making it tamper proof.
Centered on the bottom of the enclosure is a manufacturer's sticker that lists the drives part number, serial number, shipping firmware and other relevant information.
Here's what a Seagate 600 240GB SSD looks like completely disassembled.
The drives NAND array is located entirely on this side of the PCB, along with two DRAM buffer chips and a LAMD Amber LM87800 FSP (Flash Storage Processor). The reverse side of the PCB is devoid of components.
There is a raised portion of the drives cast aluminum enclosure that makes contact with a thermal pad that is in contact with the drives FSP.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 240GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 13 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.