BIOS & Overclocking
Getting into the BIOS, you're not going to find yourself confused and confronted with anything too different thanks to the Award system being very well known by a lot of users.
Your option list is fairly standard, but we'll go through the list and cover what each section lets us does as we go along. We'll skip M.I.T. for just a second, though.
Standard CMOS Features offers, well, your standard CMOS features.
Advanced BIOS options let us do things like set the boot order and if you want to enable Cool & Quiet control. Up the top, though, we've got the IGX Configuration.
What the IGX Configuration does is let us adjust the internal GPU options, the amount of memory we want it to take up to 1GB as well as the ability to adjust the core clock on the GPU. At Auto and 4GB of memory installed, the GPU was assigned 384MB of memory.
Moving back and going to Integrated Peripherals, we have all the options related to our SATA, USB and LAN ports.
Power Management gives us the standard run down of power options.
PC Health Status gives us a run down on temperatures, fan speed and voltages.
Moving to M.I.T. - you can see all our options related to the CPU and memory. We're able to set the memory divider we want to use which starts as low as 800MHz DDR and goes to 1333MHz DDR. We've also got all our voltage options and the ability to overclock the CPU via the Host Clock option.
Looking at the DRAM Configuration we're able to set stuff like timings. At AUTO it will just follow the SPD.
Because we can, and the fact that GIGABYTE offer the option, we chose to overclock our little Fusion board. We didn't do too much; we gave our CPU a little more V-Core and bumped the Host Clock to 105 and set the memory divider to x.6.66.
This resulted in our CPU going from 1600MHz to 1681MHz and our memory went from 1066MHz DDR to 1399MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard - Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS & Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [AIDA64 Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 8 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 9 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- Xbox boss says Nintendo has 'bold vision' with Switch
- Download Bungie's 2.4.1 patch update for Destiny now
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system