The Motherboard - Continued
Moving around again, we've got ourselves a CMOS battery and the ATX 12v power connector, and unlike a lot of boards we test these days, this is only a 4-Pin one and not the typical 8-Pin one we're used to seeing on higher end boards.
In the middle of the board we've got a heatsink and a tiny little fan that brings fears of a squealing noise due to its small size. Fortunately, it's not like that, but we'll cover the noise in more detail when we get to our benchmarks.
Under the heatsink sits two chips; the APU and the FCH. The APU takes care of the memory, has what we know best as the "CPU" built into it and carries the "GPU". Outside of that the APU, which in this case is "Zacate", or better known as the "E Series", also handles the monitor connectivity and memory support; in this case single channel DDR3.
Stepping down another level, we're dealing with the E350. That means we've got a 1600MHz Dual Core "CPU" which is known as "Bobcat" and a HD 6310 that's UVD3 capable and carries 80 Radeon Cores; memory support is up to 1GB, but this is pulled from your own systems RAM.
The FCH which is known as "Hudson" takes care of the PCI-E lane, USB 2.0 and 1.1, SATA III, HD Audio and Hardware Monitoring. AMD best describe it in an image that's in the reviewers guide, which you can see below. APU = CPU + GPU integrated on a single die. Fusion Controller Hub or what is known as Hudson covers peripherals. It's kind of Fusion Client Architecture in a nutshell.
I could literally go on for hours about the technical side of things, and what you could possibly do with it. We won't go into that kind of detail here today, though.
Of course, we can't move on without seeing what's on offer in terms of connectivity. We've got six USB ports; four are 2.0 and two are 3.0 . We've also got a mouse / keyboard PS/2 port, 10 / 100 / 1000 network port (via Realtek 8111E chip) and for audio we've got both Analogue and Digital (via Realtek ALC892) on offer.
Connectivity for video is offered in the form of a VGA port, Single-Link DVI-D port that supports up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz along with a single HDMI port.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard - Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS & Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [AIDA64 Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 8 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 9 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis