Cases of QuakeCon
Several other cases caught my eye at QuakeCon 2008. In no particular order, here they are.
The builder of the first UFO case we listed amongst the truly wicked cases of QuakeCon 2008 is back with another build.
A really nice Cooler Master Wave case with a high quality coat of pearl atop of grinded aluminum. A really great idea that you don't see often.
This Cooler Master Stacker was painted red and black with automotive paint. The owner's father owns an auto painting business and this case certainly means business. The quality of the finish is better than anything coming from the factories and competes with the Smooth Creations work done on the Cooler Master CSX cases.
This builder took it to the next level and incorporated his case mod into the Windows Desktop image.
Case mods aren't just for the big cases; here a Shuttle gets some case mod love.
Lian Li cases are great for their large amount of space. This one holds more hard drives than we wanted to count. All of that heat needed some extra cooling, so this builder added a can controller.
I would like to see this guy try to explain to his boss why he needed to go to Dallas this last weekend. Better yet, imagine going through the airport!
Yellow and Black on the attack.
We all want a Lamborghini; this guy has one. Notice the orange paint that matches the popular car from many fantasies.
The Thermaltake Mozart TX didn't do much for Thermaltake's sales lists but the case is was still very cool. This one houses two systems and several hard drives. Just what you need for a big LAN party; one to leech with, one to game with.
Green with envy, this case uses water to cool the components.
Not to be shown up by green, red was a popular color for many case modders.
Your guess is as good as mine; this mod looks to be a custom unit built from one off parts. The screen on the side appears to have come from a notebook. The owner was not around for us to take a look on the inside and as you can see, the lock on the front kept us from taking a peek.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Truly Wicked Cases]
- Page 3 [Cases of QuakeCon]
- Page 4 [More Cases of QuakeCon]
- Page 5 [A Clear Battle]
- Page 6 [The Pros try to steal the show]
- Page 7 [More Than Cases]
- Page 8 [The Ones That Didn't Make It]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Trade Shows content at our Trade Shows reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- The drama llama strikes again - massive llama chase in the US unfolds
- Study: Gamers buy PlayStation 4 for graphics, Xbox One for brand
- Kaspersky: 28% of mobile users don't have knowledge of malware attacks
- Official: Cyber doomsday less likely as continued low-level attacks
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- "All core" setting in firmware causes immediate system crash.
- RAID 0 vs RAPID mode with SSDs ?
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse
- Intel Revives the Atom Brand with New Branding Levels
- Thermaltake Announces Riing 12 and 14 LED Radiator Fan Series
- LUXA2 Thermaltake Mobile Launches the New TX-P2 Wireless Charging Power Bank