Initially we went into the review thinking "Oh water cooling, we can clock this thing hard!" but the slight problem we ran into made us think a little harder about the card.
You don't buy this graphics card to overclock it like crazy. The biggest gripe we have always had with the Radeon X1900XT(X) is the amount of noise its produces. The TOXIC X1900XTX from Sapphire is so quiet. Even on the high fan speed setting, it is surprisingly quiet. You buy a card like this because you want extreme performance with as little noise as possible.
This is the best way to look at the TOXIC X1900XTX. We know that the water cooling solution is going to be nowhere near as effective as a custom made job and the effectiveness of the Liquid Cooling Solution in use here isn't amazing from a performance point of a view, but when you stand back, close your eyes and then think... "I have an X1900XTX and I cannot hear it!"
You combine this along with the fact it does come pre-overclocked, it has no trouble maxing out the ATI Catalyst over drive feature, it is extremely easy to install and offers X1900XTX performance you have got a real winner on your hands.
Performance is as you would expect - high. It's a X1900XTX after all. Package is great as always thanks to Sapphire Select and it's just so easy to setup without having to worry about leaks and all that crap.
Performance comes in many forms with this product - be it the fact that its just blistering fast or it performance is excellent when it comes to noise. The Sapphire X1900XTX TOXIC offers both. Give us a Crossfire master card utilizing the same design and we have all the performance you would want with all the noise you can handle. The only problem is your going to lose a PCI slot to the cooling unit.
Normal X1900XTX features (VIVO)
Liquid Cooling + Warranty = Big Pro
Lose a PCI Slot
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Serious Sam 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit