ASUS reached out to me and asked if I would like to review their new ROG Strix XG49VQ, like it was ever something I'd deny reviewing. It's a great panel that comes in a gigantic 49-inch display with support for AMD FreeSync 2 HDR and 32:9 aspect ratio with native 3840 x 1080 resolution.
My time with the ROG Strix XG49VQ was mostly tied to gaming with limited workstation and everyday use, and I had an absolute blast with it when it came to gaming. RAGE 2 had come out in the last couple of days with my time on the monitor, so some 32:9 mayhem ensued and it was awesome. The same can be said with virtually every game I played on the ROG Strix XG49VQ including The Division 2 and even Mortal Kombat 11 looks boss on a 32:9 display.
ASUS prices the ROG Strix XG49VQ at $899 in the US, which isn't too bad considering you're getting a gigantic 49-inch 32:9 monitor at 144Hz. But let's dive right the hell in, shall we?
Note: at the end of the review is a bonus page with a huge selection of games running at native 3840x1080 in 32:9 aspect ratio so you can kinda see how immersive the experience is on this monitor.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Design + Features]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look: ASUS ROG Strix XG49VQ]
- Page 4 [FreeSync 2 + HDR]
- Page 5 [Connectivity & Detailed Specifications]
- Page 6 [Gaming on the ASUS ROG Strix XG49VQ]
- Page 7 [Test System Specs]
- Page 8 [Final Thoughts]
- Page 9 [Bonus! 32:9 Gaming Screenshots (33MB worth!)]
- ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM: 1080p 280Hz IPS Gaming Monitor Review
- ASUS ROG Strix XG438Q Review: It's So Good, ASUS Will Hate This Review
- ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ Review: 3440x1440 @ 200Hz NVIDIA G-SYNC ULTIMATE
- ASUS ProArt PA34VC Review: Professional-Grade UltraWide Perfection
- ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ: The Best Gaming Monitor Ever Made