HP hit another home run with the 512GB EX950. The drive follows the same path as the two larger models we tested in this series, and all lead the true consumer market in performance (counting the Samsung 970 Pro and Intel Optane 900P/905P as workstation-class products due to cost).
The 512GB model is the smallest and thus the reduced in the series. As the EX920 release did last year, this new series delivers a disproportionate cost to performance ratio. In simpler terms, it's a great value! Of the SSDs released in late 2018 and early 2019, there are really only three NVMe SSDs that fall into the must-have category, the EX950, ADATA SX8200 Pro, and MyDigitialSSD BPX Pro. When you look at all of the high-performance NVMe SSDs shipping today, the previous models still put up a good fight. The EX920, ADATA SX8200, and Mushkin Pilot are still available and selling for less than the new models with the latest Silicon Motion controller.
If you want class-leading performance and willing to pay a little more for the latest technology, it's very difficult to beat the HP EX950. The new Samsung EVO Plus performs better under very heavy workloads, but for pure consumer use, the EX950 has proven to be the performance leader.
Value for Money 95%
The Bottom Line
The 512GB HP EX950 outperformed the other consumer NVMe SSDs and does it at an attractive price.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA to host Reddit 'Ask Me Anything!' Aug 26th, Flat Earthers rally
- NASA's ISS upgraded, now sends/receives data at 75 megabytes a second
- The 'Lady and the Tramp' live-action remake airs on Disney+, Nov 12th
- Clickbait is real, Netflix thriller looks at dark side of social media
- President Trump wants to NUKE HURRICANES to stop them hitting the US
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best