We have looked at a few of Lenovo's workstation-type notebooks and PCs, and today we are looking at a ThinkPad designed to be more of a mobile workstation hybrid notebook. Under the ThinkPad brand, the P51 can be configured in multiple ways.
You can get it with a consumer Core i7 CPU or an E3 Xeon, with up to an NVIDIA Quadro M1200 4GB GPU, mobile broadband, and even 64GB of memory.
Let's take a look at one very equipped notebook; the ThinkPad P51.
The ThinkPad P51 we used came with an Intel Xeon E3-1505v6 CPU (4C8T up to 4GHz, 45W TDP), a 15.6" 1080P 10-point multi-touch IPS display, an NVIDIA Quadro M2200 GPU, 16GB of DDR4, and a 512GB M.2 SSD.
Our unit also came with a 6-Cell 90WHr battery, Thunderbolt 3, a Qualcomm Snapdragon X7 LTE-A wireless modem, and X-Rite Pantone color calibration. The notebook is 14.86"x9.93"x0.96-1.02" (LxWxH) and weighs 5.6lbs (2.5Kg).
The ThinkPad P51 starts at $1,340, but our version is closer to $2,300.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Lenovo ThinkPad P51 (Kaby Lake) Laptop retails for $ at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Lenovo ThinkPad P51 (Kaby Lake) Laptop retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's new GDDR6 should power next-gen GeForce RTX 2080
- Resident Evil 2 Premium Edition costs a huge $900
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX overclocked to 6GHz with LN2
- Dishonored series is sleeping for now, says Arkane
- Bandai Namco may be making a new horror game
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market