SanDisk Ultra II 480GB SSD
Although this is our second review of the Ultra II Series, this is the first model we've seen with the retail box and accessories. The first 240GB Ultra II shipped in a drive only configuration, and wasn't on the market as a retail part when we tested it.
The retail kit includes a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter, paper warranty statement, and a reminder to download the SanDisk Dashboard software from SanDisk's website.
The drive is very light; half of the case is made of metal, and the other half is made of plastic. The controller, DRAM, and flash all face the metal side with thermal transfer material pads between the components and the case.
The back of the drive has the model number, serial number, and capacity label.
Ultra II has a 7mm z-height, so it will fit in newer Ultrabook designs that are too thin to use a full 9.5mm drive.
Inside, we found all of the components on just one side of the PCB.
This 480GB capacity Ultra II uses Marvell 88SS9189-BLD2 controllers.
The DRAM buffer is from Micron.
Although not much to look at, since it looks like other flash packages, this is SanDisk's new X3 TLC flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series