This test emulates Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Enterprise SSDs are uniquely well suited for the financial sector with their low latency and high random workload performance. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These are demanding 8k random workloads with a 66 percent read and 33 percent write distribution that can bring even the highest performing solutions down to earth.
The Toshiba PX02SS averages 60,240 IOPS at 256 OIO, and the PX02SM averages 43,127 IOPS. The HGST SSD800MM averages 52,630 IOPS. One area the HGST excels is performance consistency.
The Toshiba PX02SS experiences less inconsistency than the PX02SM, while the HGST continues to operate within a very tight latency envelope.
The Toshiba averages 6.44 watts, and the HGST requires 5.87 watts.
The PX02SS averages 9,075 IOP-per-Watt, and the HGST SSD800MM averages 8,670.
The File Server profile represents typical file server workloads. This profile tests a wide variety of different file sizes simultaneously, utilizing an 80 percent read and 20 percent write distribution.
The PX02SS averages 55,288 IOPS, the PX02SM averages 42,653 IOPS, and the HGST averages 38,737 IOPS at 256 OIO.
The PX02SS requires 6.40 watts during the file server workload, and the HGST pulls 5.26 watts.
The Toshiba PX02SS leads this test easily with an impressive 8,693 IOPS-per-Watt, compared to 6,502 for the HGST SSD800MM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba PX02SS Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and File Server]
- Page 8 [Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series