Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
As you'd expect, the ASUS R9 280X DirectCU II TOP 3GB video card carries with it a price premium. What you probably don't expect is for that premium to be only $10 over the standard $299.99 price tag. Hitting at $309.99, it really does hit at a slightly better price point than we expected. Normally we'd expect maybe $15 - $20 over the standard price. Sure, $5 - $10 less isn't much, but at the end of the day, it all adds up when building a PC.
Checking out the bundle, it's all very typical of most cards these days. We really don't have much going on at all. This has been a trend for a while now and we'd rather companies concentrated on the card itself and its features then some game that we probably already own or never want.
Performance is strong and the overclocking potential is excellent. Running at over 1200MHz on the core really yields some excellent performance, as we saw today. Combining the strong overclocking potential with the excellent quality of the cooler, we really do have quite a strong all round video card that ticks all the boxes.
AMD's Radeon R9 280X on a whole is an excellent model and the ASUS variation is a strong offering which brings with it some features that really help the model stand out from the pack. While the out of the box overclock isn't the strongest, fire up your favorite overclocking software, and you can find out what the R9 280X is really capable of doing.
If you're a fan of ASUS products on a whole and you're looking for a new video card that is around that $300 mark, this is a really excellent option. We'd really recommend you get a little bit into the overclocking side of things, though, to see just what you can get out of the card, since the potential for it is built into it. It's both fun and brings with it a strong boost in performance at no extra cost.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix reveals 'Salty Shores' Rocket League content update
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit