128K Sequential Read/Write
The 128K sequential speeds reflect the maximum sequential throughput of the HDD using a file size encountered in a normal NAS usage.
The Red averages 139 MB/s at QD256. There is a clear segmentation here, with the two 7,200 RPM drives providing incrementally faster write speed.
The Red averages 139 MB/s in sequential write speed during the measurement window, but again the two 7,200 RPM drives offer the same performance with a sequential workload.
The Red posts excellent performance in our mixed read/write testing, nearly matching the Re and Se. The Red lags behind in pure read and write workloads, but in the middle ground, it performs very well.
The Red offers up 99.9% of requests in the 20-40ms range, matching the faster HDDs in our sequential latency test.
The Red averages 5.34 Watts during sequential write testing, providing a much lower power consumption figure than the competing drives. Considering the excellent performance in mixed workloads and write latency this low power consumption is a huge bonus.
The Red provides a dominating IOPS to Watt ratio in both sequential read and write workloads, surprisingly besting both enterprise-class HDDs, which are designed with power efficiency as a major focal point. The Red provides an average of 25.6 MB/s per Watt for 128K sequential read/write.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [WD NAS Family]
- Page 3 [WD Red Internals]
- Page 4 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 5 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Fileserver]
- Page 8 [Emailserver and Webserver]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media