4K Random Read/Write
Each QD for every parameter tested includes 300 data points (five minutes of one second reports) to illustrate the degree of performance variability. The line for each QD represents the average speed reported during the five-minute interval.
4K random speed measurements are an important metric when comparing drive performance, as the hardest type of file access for any storage solution to master is small-file random. One of the most sought-after performance specifications, 4K random performance is a heavily marketed figure.
The Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K v7 scores very closely to the 10K v6 with an average speed of 410 IOPS at QD256, a minimal loss to the 10K v6, which averaged 414 IOPS.
The 10K v7 averages 365 IOPS at QD256 in our 4K write testing, again within range of the 10K v6 with its average of 368 IOPS.
Our write percentage testing illustrates the varying performance of each solution with mixed workloads. The 100% column to the right is a pure write workload of the 4K file size, and 0% represents a pure 4K read workload.
The Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K v7 scores nearly perfectly in line with its predecessor, and exhibits similar performance consistency.
The Seagate Enterprise Capacity 10K v7 trades blows with the 10K v6, with a slight tendency towards a higher latency range.
We record the power consumption measurements during our test run at QD256.
The Seagate 10K v7 averages 6.88 Watts, an incremental increase of .72 Watts over the 10K v6.
IOPS to Watts measurements are generated from data recorded during our test. The Seagate 10K v7 delivers an average of 52.5 IOPS per Watt for 4K random writes, and 47.6 IOPS per Watt for 4K random read access.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ