Alongside the ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM which will be running at stock and overclocked we've also got ASUS P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt we looked at just the other day.
Along with those two boards we've also got the ASRock Z77 OC Formula, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H, another ASUS offering in the form of the Maximus V GENE and finally a X79 / C606 based board in the GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-WiFi. Before we cover the performance of the board here today, let's take the time to quickly go over the overclocking side of things.
Like we do with most Z77 boards these days we adjust our voltages and move to a 47x multiplier. Some boards get into Windows with no problem, others simply don't boot or BSOD on the way in. The ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM in this case got straight into Windows without any problems.
We ran Media Espresso and we completed the run with absolutely no issue. So with that done we headed back into the BIOS and started to mess around a little with the BCLK and voltages to see if we could move past 4.7GHz.
Looking above you can see we managed to get a 100.59 BCLK alongside the 47x multiplier which brought us up to 4727MHz or 4.73GHz, as illustrated in our graphs here today. This is a really strong overclock and should bring with it some strong performance gains.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Activision CEO to leave company
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- Playground Games making new Fable, sources say
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series