The Motherboard Continued
With the bottom half of the board looked at we can start to head north. In the top corner you can see our four DDR3 DIMM slots which support up to 32GB of memory at speeds starting from 1066MHz DDR and moving all the way up to 2133MHz DDR via overclocking.
Below our memory slots we've got our main 24-Pin ATX power connector, next to that a little three pin header and just above that sitting near the lowest DIMM slot you can see we've got a USB 3.0 header.
The CPU socket is pretty clean and to the right you can see our 8-Pin CPU power connector. The heatsink setup looks pretty good and you can see like most motherboards these days the area around the CPU socket is pretty bare.
Moving away from the PCB and into the I/O side of things, you can see we've got all our connectors here starting with a combo PS/2 port on the left. We've also got eight USB 2.0 ports controlled natively by the SB950 along with two USB 3.0 ports that are blue and are controlled via the ASMedia chip.
We've got a single 1394 Firewire port controlled via the VIA 6308P chip, eSATA from the JMicron JMB362 chip, Gigabit LAN via Realtek 8111E and 6 audio jacks along with an Optical out that is ran via the Realtek ALC 892 HD Codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA GeForce 397.31 WHQL drivers enables RTX on Volta GPUs
- GeForce/Radeon GPUs shipments expected to drop by a huge 40%
- Sharp's 70-inch 8K TV starts shipping, costs around $13,800
- Samsung's new 34-foot Onyx: portable 4K cinema screens
- New Dragon Age could be mainline sequel
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit