Performance across the board is down. This isn't a surprise as the card carries less Shaders which is only going to have a negative impact on performance. There's one thing we needed to really know today, though; have any games gone from "playable", or in other words, having minimums of over 30 FPS and averages of over 60 FPS, to "unplayable", or in other words, having numbers below those ones just mentioned?
In a word, the answer to that is No. Any game or resolution that was playable on the 1120 Shader version of the card remains playable on the 960 one; and unplayable resolutions or games on the 1120 version are of course still unplayable on the 960 one.
Overall what we've done is drop the performance rating and value rating by 1%. Ultimately, though, it doesn't affect our thoughts on the product; we continue to love the HD 6850 and while the name is still a little confusing for some, it's a very good product.
There's not much more we can say about the HD 6850 that hasn't been said already, so as I mentioned in the introduction, for a bit more of an in depth look in words, I would suggest that you check out our original Sapphire HD 6850 1GB review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 18 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Star Citizen ship costs $675, more than a PS4 and Xbox COMBINED
- New cyber-ninja Ghostrunner mixes Deus Ex, Superhot and Mirror's Edge
- Gears of War 5 uses Win32 on Windows Store and Steam, not UWP
- Bizarre new RPG Bleak Faith: Forsaken would make Beksinski proud
- Bungie: Activision let us do awesome things with Destiny
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best