We are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; this tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into an AC wall socket).
Looks like the small size of the H55N-USB3 helps it to draw less power. Even while overclocked it draws much less than the full-sized boards since there is less to power on this board.
As a new measure, we are now monitoring the heat generation from the key components on the motherboard; this being the Northbridge, Southbridge (if it contains one) as well as the Mosfets around the CPU. The results are recorded at idle and load during the power consumption tests.
Here, the small size of the H55N-USB3 works against it. The small area means smaller cooling on the chipset. There is also much less chance of getting air around the chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung foldable smartphone patents show interesting new designs
- Google DeepMind co-founder OUT over 'controversy' over his AI projects
- Valve teams with Perfect World for 'Steam China' for Chinese gamers
- AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su says CrossFire is 'not a significant focus'
- Yes, the V-shaped PlayStation 5 dev kit is real says game developer
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems