We are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; this tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into an AC wall socket).
Looks like the small size of the H55N-USB3 helps it to draw less power. Even while overclocked it draws much less than the full-sized boards since there is less to power on this board.
As a new measure, we are now monitoring the heat generation from the key components on the motherboard; this being the Northbridge, Southbridge (if it contains one) as well as the Mosfets around the CPU. The results are recorded at idle and load during the power consumption tests.
Here, the small size of the H55N-USB3 works against it. The small area means smaller cooling on the chipset. There is also much less chance of getting air around the chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA shakeup prompts Jade Raymond's departure
- Fallout 76 has 150 hours of side quests, will grow over time
- Halo 6 being developed with esports in mind
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam