Package and Contents
The box that the GS605AV comes in is not bad looking, but there is something about it that makes you cringe a little. Maybe it is the choice of colors or just the general layout, but it is just not pleasing to look at. Of course, it is a 5 port switch and not a work of art, so the packaging is not a deal breaker.
NETGEAR does include an image of the product on the front as well as highlighted features. One that is a nice touch is the "green" logo announcing that this switch uses up to 15% less power than others in its class.
The back has an odd diagram. It shows using this in place with a set of 200Mbps PowerLine adapters. I am not sure that doing that is a good idea. You are going to reduce a 1Gbps connection down to an effective 85Mbps pipe. This on its own will be a huge bottleneck. We have a pair of the NETGEAR XAV101 PowerLine adapters in house and will let you know if this is the case in another review.
Inside the box the goodies are very light. You get the GS605AV, a power adapter, a quick install guide and a single page on warranty information.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard