The HD 5770 in my books is already a great card. It's great for gamers who don't want to spend HD 5800 money but still want to do some serious gaming. To be honest, though, next to the HAWK version from MSI the stock one looks slow. The ability and ease of adjusting the voltage on the HD 5770 HAWK is fantastic.
What it does is open you up to a completely new level of performance, 20%+ in some areas from what is the same model is just fantastic. There's no other word to describe the model from MSI here. It really is just fantastic.
Taking the time to install Afterburner and overclock the card is not only extremely fun and interesting, but when you fire up games it's really rewarding. Knowing that you've taken a bit of time to find out what the card is capable of and seeing the massive gains really is a great feeling.
If you're not going to overclock the HAWK, it's still a great model, the TwinFrozrII cooler has proven itself many times in the past and really is a nice unit that is quieter than the stock one. To make the full use out of the model, though, you'll want to spend the time installing the Afterburner software and overclocking the card with the voltage set to 1.35v.
If you're worried that maybe we just got lucky with our model and if you go out and buy one you won't have the same joy, MSI has let us know that they've tested a few from their batch and are receiving a core clock of around 1020MHz at 1.35v.
MSI has created another great product that stands out from the pack. You don't have to be an expert to get the most out of this card and if you spend a bit of time using the Afterburner software, you'll find some fantastic performance hidden underneath that cooler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- DICE addresses ridiculous death experience in Battlefield V
- Huawei's upcoming foldable smartphone could feature 5G tech
- ASUS ready to launch a massive array of Z390 motherboards
- MSI's new MEG 390 GODLIKE motherboard leaked, looks awesome
- Death Stranding's bizarre new trailer is darkly enchanting
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Multi-Awarded Party Game Wizards TourneyOut On Steam Today
- Announcing the release date of 'ACA NEOGEO CYBER-LIP'
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees