Image credit: Mathieu Bitton
With just a couple weeks to go until the highly-anticipated return of Guitar Hero, Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) is kicking off the launch for Guitar Hero Live with the release of a new live action trailer starring James Franco and Lenny Kravitz. Helmed by director Jonathan Krisel (Portlandia, SNL), the "Win the Crowd" spot features the hilarious actor and the legendary rock-star going head-to-head to see who truly is the king of the music festival circuit in Guitar Hero Live. The trailer features Kravitz' hit track "Are You Gonna Go My Way," which will also be playable in the game. The full :90 second version of the spot is live now. The start of the campaign sets the stage for the release of Guitar Hero Live, which marks the beginning of a new era in music games and introduces two exciting new ways to play the game: GH Live, in which you play in-front of real crowds who react to your performance, and GHTV, the world's first playable music video network.
"Guitar Hero Live gives you the chance to live out your rock star fantasy in front of a real audience that reacts to how you play, so watching James Franco and Lenny Kravitz challenging each other to win the crowd in the game brought that excitement to life in a really cool way," said Tim Ellis, CMO, Activision Publishing, Inc. "Some of the best moments captured on film were purely spontaneous between James and Lenny. They had great chemistry and had a lot of fun with the game. We just let them loose."
Activision worked with Los Angeles-based agency 72andSunny on the overall creative direction of the Guitar Hero Live "Win the Crowd" live-action trailer and will put its full support behind the return of the franchise through expansive multi-channel advertising that kicks off today and runs globally.
Guitar Hero Live includes two all-new modes, including a first-person point of view where you are up on stage as the star of the show. A quantum leap forward in immersion and realism, GH Live is a live-action experience that delivers the full emotional roller coaster of being on stage, with players performing in a real band, in front of real crowds, who react in real time to how well or poorly you play. The game also includes GHTV, a revolutionary new way to play Guitar Hero. The 24-hour playable music video network lets fans play along to a continually-updated collection of official videos, from the newest releases to favorite hits. GHTV is a living, breathing platform that will continue to grow, serving as an ever-expanding source for music discovery while bringing the party atmosphere back to the living room.
Guitar Hero Live will be available on October 20 in North America and October 23 in Europe on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Wii U console as well as iOS devices including iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. For more information, please visit http://www.guitarhero.com, https://www.Facebook.com/GuitarHero, https://www.youtube.com/guitarhero, or follow @guitarhero on Twitter and Instagram.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit