Games industry veteran Team17 today announced 2 new and exciting additions to its hugely successful Worms series which will be unveiled at this year's gamescom in Cologne, Germany.
Mickey Torode, Team17's Marketing Director said, "2015 is a special year for us as it marks both Worms 20th birthday and Team17's 25th anniversary. Moving into 2016, dubbed "The year of the Worm", will mark the start of the celebrations of 21 Years of Worms"
Worms WMD features a fresh, brand new look 2D cartoon-inspired worm as well as gorgeous hand drawn landscapes. For the first time ever players will be able to use exciting new vehicles and even enter buildings which will add new strategic elements of gameplay to the traditional wormy warfare.
Worms WMD will be heading to Xbox One and PC in 2016 but Team17 are excited to be showing the game at this year's gamescom to allow fans an early look at just some of what is to come! Attendees will be able to get an exclusive first hands-on with the explosive game at Team17's booth in Hall 10.1 throughout Thursday 6th August - Sunday 9th August.
Team17 will also be showing a variety of games from their indie label which will be available to play throughout the show including Beyond Eyes, Sheltered, Strength of the SWORD: ULTIMATE, Penarium and Team17 developed title The Escapists The Walking Dead.
In other Worms' news, Team17 have also today announced the forthcoming arrival of Worms 4 on mobile!
Worms 4 is the definitive handheld Worms experience featuring an all new enriched look and improved design for mobile featuring smaller landscapes, smaller teams and shorter match lengths making action packed battles easily doable whilst on the go.
Players will be able to take part in turn-based synchronous online multiplayer matches played out in real time, battle their way through 80 single player missions, collect over a hundred weapon upgrades and duel across 5 different themes.
Worms 4 is due for release on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in August 2015.
Worms WMD is due for release on Xbox One and PC in early 2016.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix could go big at E3 2019 with FF7 Remake
- AMD 50th anniversary Radeon VII, Ryzen 7 2700X teased
- Halo TV show will deliver character-focused storytelling
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 430.39 drivers: ready for GTX 1650
- Digital Storm teases GeForce RTX 2070 Max-P gaming laptops
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- The Game Industry Conference calls for Speakers
- Fantasy Smith VR is on Steam now, come make magical weapons for the cute adventurers!
- Monster Hunter Returns to Puzzle & Dragons in Fan-Favorite Collab
- As Esports Industry Grows, Doctors Address Needs of Unique New Athletes