Games industry veteran Team17 today announced 2 new and exciting additions to its hugely successful Worms series which will be unveiled at this year's gamescom in Cologne, Germany.
Mickey Torode, Team17's Marketing Director said, "2015 is a special year for us as it marks both Worms 20th birthday and Team17's 25th anniversary. Moving into 2016, dubbed "The year of the Worm", will mark the start of the celebrations of 21 Years of Worms"
Worms WMD features a fresh, brand new look 2D cartoon-inspired worm as well as gorgeous hand drawn landscapes. For the first time ever players will be able to use exciting new vehicles and even enter buildings which will add new strategic elements of gameplay to the traditional wormy warfare.
Worms WMD will be heading to Xbox One and PC in 2016 but Team17 are excited to be showing the game at this year's gamescom to allow fans an early look at just some of what is to come! Attendees will be able to get an exclusive first hands-on with the explosive game at Team17's booth in Hall 10.1 throughout Thursday 6th August - Sunday 9th August.
Team17 will also be showing a variety of games from their indie label which will be available to play throughout the show including Beyond Eyes, Sheltered, Strength of the SWORD: ULTIMATE, Penarium and Team17 developed title The Escapists The Walking Dead.
In other Worms' news, Team17 have also today announced the forthcoming arrival of Worms 4 on mobile!
Worms 4 is the definitive handheld Worms experience featuring an all new enriched look and improved design for mobile featuring smaller landscapes, smaller teams and shorter match lengths making action packed battles easily doable whilst on the go.
Players will be able to take part in turn-based synchronous online multiplayer matches played out in real time, battle their way through 80 single player missions, collect over a hundred weapon upgrades and duel across 5 different themes.
Worms 4 is due for release on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in August 2015.
Worms WMD is due for release on Xbox One and PC in early 2016.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- NVIDIA's new RTX technology powers ray traced Porsche
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX and 2950X Review
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market