Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC) today reported revenue of $3.5 billion and net income of $384 million, or $1.63 per share, for its third fiscal quarter ended Apr. 3, 2015. On a non-GAAP basis, net income was $441 million or $1.87 per share. In the year-ago quarter, the company reported revenue of $3.7 billion and net income of $375 million, or $1.55 per share. Non-GAAP net income in the year-ago quarter was $470 million, or $1.94 per share.
The company generated $684 million in cash from operations during the third fiscal quarter, ending with total cash and cash equivalents of $4.8 billion. It utilized $240 million to repurchase 2.2 million shares of common stock. On Feb. 3, the company declared a cash dividend of $0.50 per share of its common stock, which was paid on Apr. 16. "I am satisfied with our execution and results in light of current PC demand challenges that were largely driven by weak macro-economic conditions," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer. "We delivered a solidly profitable quarter with continued strong cash generation, improved average selling price and healthy gross margins."
"We continue to carefully balance the management of short term market dynamics with a strong focus on long term value creation. This is reflected in our balanced approach to capital allocation. Fiscal year to date, we returned $1.1 billion to our shareholders in share repurchases and dividends, while continuing to invest in high growth market opportunities."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - West Switch release
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct