Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC) today reported revenue of $3.5 billion and net income of $384 million, or $1.63 per share, for its third fiscal quarter ended Apr. 3, 2015. On a non-GAAP basis, net income was $441 million or $1.87 per share. In the year-ago quarter, the company reported revenue of $3.7 billion and net income of $375 million, or $1.55 per share. Non-GAAP net income in the year-ago quarter was $470 million, or $1.94 per share.
The company generated $684 million in cash from operations during the third fiscal quarter, ending with total cash and cash equivalents of $4.8 billion. It utilized $240 million to repurchase 2.2 million shares of common stock. On Feb. 3, the company declared a cash dividend of $0.50 per share of its common stock, which was paid on Apr. 16. "I am satisfied with our execution and results in light of current PC demand challenges that were largely driven by weak macro-economic conditions," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer. "We delivered a solidly profitable quarter with continued strong cash generation, improved average selling price and healthy gross margins."
"We continue to carefully balance the management of short term market dynamics with a strong focus on long term value creation. This is reflected in our balanced approach to capital allocation. Fiscal year to date, we returned $1.1 billion to our shareholders in share repurchases and dividends, while continuing to invest in high growth market opportunities."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite makes over $1 billion in less than a year
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- The Legend of Zelda: BOTW - Creating a Champion details
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990X simulated tests: 32C/64T beast!
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit