Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC) today reported revenue of $3.5 billion and net income of $384 million, or $1.63 per share, for its third fiscal quarter ended Apr. 3, 2015. On a non-GAAP basis, net income was $441 million or $1.87 per share. In the year-ago quarter, the company reported revenue of $3.7 billion and net income of $375 million, or $1.55 per share. Non-GAAP net income in the year-ago quarter was $470 million, or $1.94 per share.
The company generated $684 million in cash from operations during the third fiscal quarter, ending with total cash and cash equivalents of $4.8 billion. It utilized $240 million to repurchase 2.2 million shares of common stock. On Feb. 3, the company declared a cash dividend of $0.50 per share of its common stock, which was paid on Apr. 16. "I am satisfied with our execution and results in light of current PC demand challenges that were largely driven by weak macro-economic conditions," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer. "We delivered a solidly profitable quarter with continued strong cash generation, improved average selling price and healthy gross margins."
"We continue to carefully balance the management of short term market dynamics with a strong focus on long term value creation. This is reflected in our balanced approach to capital allocation. Fiscal year to date, we returned $1.1 billion to our shareholders in share repurchases and dividends, while continuing to invest in high growth market opportunities."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM