Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC) today reported revenue of $3.5 billion and net income of $384 million, or $1.63 per share, for its third fiscal quarter ended Apr. 3, 2015. On a non-GAAP basis, net income was $441 million or $1.87 per share. In the year-ago quarter, the company reported revenue of $3.7 billion and net income of $375 million, or $1.55 per share. Non-GAAP net income in the year-ago quarter was $470 million, or $1.94 per share.
The company generated $684 million in cash from operations during the third fiscal quarter, ending with total cash and cash equivalents of $4.8 billion. It utilized $240 million to repurchase 2.2 million shares of common stock. On Feb. 3, the company declared a cash dividend of $0.50 per share of its common stock, which was paid on Apr. 16. "I am satisfied with our execution and results in light of current PC demand challenges that were largely driven by weak macro-economic conditions," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer. "We delivered a solidly profitable quarter with continued strong cash generation, improved average selling price and healthy gross margins."
"We continue to carefully balance the management of short term market dynamics with a strong focus on long term value creation. This is reflected in our balanced approach to capital allocation. Fiscal year to date, we returned $1.1 billion to our shareholders in share repurchases and dividends, while continuing to invest in high growth market opportunities."
Latest News Posts
- Stadia Pro will give out one free game a month
- Digital makes 93% of Ubisoft earnings, microtransactions up
- PC is now Ubisoft's most lucrative platform
- The Division 2 is 2019's best-seller, Ubisoft says
- Luigi's Mansion 3 has a spooky Halloween debut, October 31
- ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro NVMe SSD Review
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Review
- NZXT H500i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- Royale Pass Season 8 And More Graces PUBG Mobile's Battlefield In Time For New Version Update
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall Retail Versions Now Available for Pre-Order
- Night Call - A Noire Novella Investigative Game - Out Now on Steam and Xbox Game Pass for PC
- Edge of Eternity gets third chapter 'The Reunion' in major update today
- Asmodee Digital Kicks Off Early Access for Gloomhaven With a Brand New Launch Trailer