TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today displays from 2012 International CES in Las Vegas, Nevada, the next generation 1300 Mbps Dual Band Wireless AC Router, model TEW-811DR, and 1300 Mbps Dual Band Wireless AC Media Bridge, model TEW-800MB.
The explosion of wireless devices in the home and office coupled with high demand for HD video-based content will continue to compound wireless network loading for years to come. 802.11ac is a new wireless standard designed to meet tomorrow's extreme wireless bandwidth networking needs.
The full 802.11ac specification can theoretically accommodate speeds as high as 6.8 Gbps; however the first generation of products will be rated at either 866 Mbps or 1.3 Gbps.
802.11ac uses the uncongested low interference wireless 5 GHz spectrum and is backward compatible with Dual Band 802.11n (wireless n) routers which also use the 5 GHz band. It is not compatible with standard single band wireless n devices which use the 2.4GHz band, such as most laptops and mobile devices.
802.11ac wireless coverage is similar to that of wireless n and provides whole home coverage. New Beam Forming technology further improves the ability to transmit wireless signals around physical obstacles such as masonry walls. The first generation 802.11ac devices will be released to market as early as late 2012.
"New 802.11ac represents a huge jump in wireless performance," stated Zak Wood, director of global marketing for TRENDnet. "It will be able to easily handle a large number of wireless connections simultaneously. It will also be able to support extremely high wireless throughput at great distances from the router."
TRENDnet's 1300 Mbps Dual Band Wireless AC Router, model TEW-811DR, is a concurrent dual band router with a 450 Mbps wireless n band to network everyday mobile devices and laptops and an ultra high performance 1300 Mbps wireless band.
Gigabit ports maintain high performance wired connections. Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) integrates other WPS supported wireless adapters at the touch of a button. WMM technology prioritizes video and audio packets and Beam Forming technology improves wireless transmissions through physical obstacles.
The TEW-811DR will be available in late 2012 with an MSRP of over US $200.
About TRENDnet's 802.11ac Adapter
TRENDnet's 1300 Mbps Wireless AC Media Bridge, model TEW-800MB, connects up to four media center devices to an ultra-high speed 1300 Mbps 802.11ac network. Experience the seamless exhilaration of Gigabit wireless speeds.
Four Gigabit ports connect Internet TVs, network video recorders, media players, and more to an ultra high speed network. Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) integrates other WPS supported wireless adapters at the touch of a button. WMM technology prioritizes video and audio packets and Beam Forming technology improves wireless transmissions around physical obstacles.
The TEW-800MB will be available in late 2012 with an MSRP of approximately US $200.
Latest News Posts
- Musk's Super Heavy Rocket has 8200 tonnes of FARTING power
- QuakeCon 2019 is the 'Year of DOOM' amping up DOOM Eternal
- Apple in 'advanced' talks to buy Intel's modem division
- Apple's 2020 iPhone could feature 120Hz refresh rate display
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood will launch WITHOUT ray tracing
- Loss of SLI/Second GPU upon installing Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt PCIE Card with I7-6800k, GA-X99 Ultra Gaming Motherboard
- i5 9600k with aorus z390 ultra oc problem. need help
- need help plz i5 9600k with aorus z390 ultra OC problem
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- A fire breathing moose? Funcom releases a steaming hot video featuring the new Mutant Year Zero hero
- Introducing Girls' Game Lab: The New Game Design and Coding Initiative Teaching The Next Generation of Girls
- Quantic Dream brings star-studded psychological thriller Beyond: Two Souls to PC today
- Armors Games Studios Launches Swords & Souls: Neverseen On Steam, GOG.COM And Humble
- World's Top 16 Teams Set For PUBG Mobile Club Open 2019 Global Finals In Berlin