The USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) today announced the upcoming Intel 7 Series Chipset and Intel C216 Chipset Family host silicon has achieved SuperSpeed USB certification by the USB-IF. The certified solution includes four SuperSpeed USB ports integrated into the chipset, enabling manufacturers to conveniently incorporate SuperSpeed USB into their systems.
"This is a tremendous milestone for the industry," said Jeff Ravencraft, USB-IF President & COO. "With USB-IF certification of Intel's integrated USB host silicon, host manufacturers will be able to bring SuperSpeed USB to the masses. Intel's commitment to SuperSpeed USB will continue to provide peripheral device manufacturers a compelling incentive to develop a growing number of diverse SuperSpeed USB products."
"SuperSpeed USB certification of our Intel 7 Series Chipset and Intel C216 Chipset Family helps ensure interoperability and backward compatibility within the broad USB ecosystem," said Ahmad Zaidi, General Manager, Intel Corporation Chipset and SoC IP Group. "The Intel 7 Series Chipset and Intel C216 Chipset Family offers OEMs and consumers many exciting features, and Intel is excited to integrate SuperSpeed USB technology into our upcoming chipsets."
"Intel's integration of SuperSpeed USB into its upcoming core logic chipset is critical because it allows cost-conscious PC OEMs to offer the technology at a very competitive price point," said Brian O'Rourke, Research Director, In-Stat. "Additionally, SuperSpeed USB adoption in PCs is leading to broad adoption in PC peripherals, consumer electronics and mobile devices."
The USB-IF will be hosting the USB Tech Zone at the Consumer Electronics Show 2012 in Las Vegas during January 10-13, 2012. The USB Tech Zone is located in the Las Vegas Convention Center South Hall 3, Booth #30769. To learn more about SuperSpeed USB, please visit usb.org.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit