The USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) today announced the upcoming Intel 7 Series Chipset and Intel C216 Chipset Family host silicon has achieved SuperSpeed USB certification by the USB-IF. The certified solution includes four SuperSpeed USB ports integrated into the chipset, enabling manufacturers to conveniently incorporate SuperSpeed USB into their systems.
"This is a tremendous milestone for the industry," said Jeff Ravencraft, USB-IF President & COO. "With USB-IF certification of Intel's integrated USB host silicon, host manufacturers will be able to bring SuperSpeed USB to the masses. Intel's commitment to SuperSpeed USB will continue to provide peripheral device manufacturers a compelling incentive to develop a growing number of diverse SuperSpeed USB products."
"SuperSpeed USB certification of our Intel 7 Series Chipset and Intel C216 Chipset Family helps ensure interoperability and backward compatibility within the broad USB ecosystem," said Ahmad Zaidi, General Manager, Intel Corporation Chipset and SoC IP Group. "The Intel 7 Series Chipset and Intel C216 Chipset Family offers OEMs and consumers many exciting features, and Intel is excited to integrate SuperSpeed USB technology into our upcoming chipsets."
"Intel's integration of SuperSpeed USB into its upcoming core logic chipset is critical because it allows cost-conscious PC OEMs to offer the technology at a very competitive price point," said Brian O'Rourke, Research Director, In-Stat. "Additionally, SuperSpeed USB adoption in PCs is leading to broad adoption in PC peripherals, consumer electronics and mobile devices."
The USB-IF will be hosting the USB Tech Zone at the Consumer Electronics Show 2012 in Las Vegas during January 10-13, 2012. The USB Tech Zone is located in the Las Vegas Convention Center South Hall 3, Booth #30769. To learn more about SuperSpeed USB, please visit usb.org.
Latest News Posts
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct