New 3D rendering plug-in leverages open source Bullet Physics Engine and the OpenCL industry standard
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -8/9/2011
Today at SIGGRAPH 2011, AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced the latest industry-leading application to support open-source Bullet Physics and OpenCL industry standards. Through its collaboration with AMD, Autodesk has incorporated a new Bullet Physics plug-in, based on OpenCL standards, into the Autodesk Maya 2012 software Subscription Advantage Pack.
Now game developers and 3D artists will have access to new creative workflow capabilities in Maya to help create interactive cloth simulations on a greater range of workstations and PCs, including those based on AMD FirePro professional graphics cards and AMD CPUs. AMD and Autodesk first publicly demonstrated the Bullet Physics plug-in technology at the Game Developers Conference earlier this year. At SIGGRAPH, there will be demonstrations running on systems powered by the latest AMD professional graphics products.
As a long-standing supporter of industry standards, AMD works closely with leading software companies to optimize their applications on open platforms, while also harnessing the high-end GPU compute power that is enabled by AMD (APP) technology. Bringing the power of GPU compute and Bullet Physics simulations to 3D content creation enables developers of computer-generated (CG) graphics to bring new levels of realism to life.
"We are committed to providing the CG developer community with high-performance solutions to help unleash their creativity on the screen," said Rob Hoffmann, senior product marketing manager, Autodesk Media & Entertainment. "The Bullet Physics plug-in will open up the Maya 2012 software to more graphics hardware options and introduce OpenCL programming interfaces, helping to reduce CG development time and enable a more visual experience for the end-user."
"We are proponents of industry standards like OpenCL and Bullet Physics because they can simplify programming as well as removing barriers caused by proprietary technologies that can restrict developers' creativity," said Sandeep Gupte, general manager, AMD Professional Graphics. "With the new Bullet Physics plug-in for Maya 2012, CG content developers will be able to focus their time and energy on the creation of realistic visuals and amazing special effects for innovative games and movies."
SIGGRAPH, the premier international event on computer graphics and interactive techniques, is taking place at the Vancouver Convention Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia, August 9-11. Visit AMD in booth # 631.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit