Lucid Virtu to Be Licensed on Select Genuine Intel Desktop Boards with H67 and Z68
Marking a major customer engagement with Intel, LucidLogix today announced that its Virtu GPU virtualization software will be integrated into various SKUs of Genuine Intel Desktop Boards based on the Intel H67 and Z68 chipsets. Virtu allows the systems to simultaneously take full advantage of both the low-power best-in-class media processing features of the 2nd generation Intel Core processor graphics and the 3D gaming performance of add-in cards with graphics processing units (GPU).
"Intel is the world leader in CPU technology and a globally trusted brand, therefore their choice of the Virtu solution is a testament to the quality performance and integration of the technology," said Offir Remez, president and founder of LucidLogix. "The best thing about this collaboration is that the end user is the real winner. Intel H67 and Z68 desktop board owners will enjoy both a media and a high end graphics platform that is more powerful than ever seen before."
Utilizing its knowledge and capabilities to serve generic graphics processors, Lucid has developed an important improvement for media and gaming PC users. Until now, once a discrete GPU was attached to a desktop computer, the integrated GPU became inaccessible. Now with Lucid's Virtu it is possible to run one or two discrete GPUs and still utilize the transcoding performance and lower power of the Intel HD graphics in the 2nd generation Intel Core processor.
Intel will make Virtu available in various motherboard SKUs based on the H67 and Z68 chipsets where the Virtu brand will be featured on the board's packaging for system integrators and end users.
"The Lucid Virtu software along with 2nd generation Intel Core processor features like Intel Quick Sync enables an all-inclusive media platform," said Michelle Johnston, General Manager of Channel Platform and Solutions Division for Intel. "Together, they will allow the channel to provide a new class of computing experience for media and gaming enthusiasts around the world."
Joel Christensen, General Manager of Intel Client Boards Division, added, "Including Lucid Virtu software with Genuine Intel Desktop Boards enhances the value of both products. Our channel customers get the benefits of the Lucid software solution and the reliability and performance of Genuine Intel motherboards. It's a great combination!"
Lucid plans to continue expanding the availability of its Virtu desktop virtualization features into more motherboard brands as well as providing more added value technology features.
Latest News Posts
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit