Leading ODMs Select AMD Fusion APUs for Whitebook and High Definition PC Systems
- New AMD Fusion-based PCs available now to meet growing demand for high-definition computing, exceptional battery life and sleek, compact form factors -
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -3/15/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that leading original design manufacturers (ODMs) are choosing AMD's 2011 low-power platform for a new generation of PC designs ranging from ultrathin notebooks to all-in-one desktops. Nearly two dozen unique ODM whitebook and high definition PC (HDPC) designs based on the AMD C- and E-Series Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) are expected to be available for distribution and purchase in the first half of the year.
"AMD Fusion APUs provide significant advantages in power and design simplicity over competing multi-chip solutions, translating into unique and innovative PC form factors, and ultimately an amazing user experience," said David Kenyon, corporate vice president, Worldwide Channel Marketing, AMD. "We are working closely with our ODM partners to help them build the small-form-factor, long-battery-life PCs that can help them differentiate from the competition and succeed in today's competitive market."
AMD Fusion-based whitebooks are available now for purchase from leading ODMs worldwide, including Clevo, Coby, Compal, ECS, Hasee, MSI and Shuttle. New generations of HDPCs powered by the AMD E-Series and C-Series APU are also expected to be available in the first half of 2011 by ODMs, including JEHE, J&W, MSI, PCP, Tul and WeiBu.
HDPC systems powered by AMD Fusion APUs offer an incredibly vivid computing experience for home theater and small form-factor PCs, made possible by an APU-based all-on-board (AOB) motherboard. A "plug-and-plug" AOB includes an AMD Fusion APU, heat sink/fan with video output capability enabling significant advantages in power and design simplicity in a variety of form factors. With its discrete-class GPU core, AMD APU technology supports the current graphics standards like DirectX® 11 and outputs like DVI and HDMI.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Capcom reveal Resident Evil 2 Claire 'Military' DLC costume
- Soulcalibur VI - Swords and Souls documentary video part 1/2
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam