Leading ODMs Select AMD Fusion APUs for Whitebook and High Definition PC Systems
- New AMD Fusion-based PCs available now to meet growing demand for high-definition computing, exceptional battery life and sleek, compact form factors -
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -3/15/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that leading original design manufacturers (ODMs) are choosing AMD's 2011 low-power platform for a new generation of PC designs ranging from ultrathin notebooks to all-in-one desktops. Nearly two dozen unique ODM whitebook and high definition PC (HDPC) designs based on the AMD C- and E-Series Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) are expected to be available for distribution and purchase in the first half of the year.
"AMD Fusion APUs provide significant advantages in power and design simplicity over competing multi-chip solutions, translating into unique and innovative PC form factors, and ultimately an amazing user experience," said David Kenyon, corporate vice president, Worldwide Channel Marketing, AMD. "We are working closely with our ODM partners to help them build the small-form-factor, long-battery-life PCs that can help them differentiate from the competition and succeed in today's competitive market."
AMD Fusion-based whitebooks are available now for purchase from leading ODMs worldwide, including Clevo, Coby, Compal, ECS, Hasee, MSI and Shuttle. New generations of HDPCs powered by the AMD E-Series and C-Series APU are also expected to be available in the first half of 2011 by ODMs, including JEHE, J&W, MSI, PCP, Tul and WeiBu.
HDPC systems powered by AMD Fusion APUs offer an incredibly vivid computing experience for home theater and small form-factor PCs, made possible by an APU-based all-on-board (AOB) motherboard. A "plug-and-plug" AOB includes an AMD Fusion APU, heat sink/fan with video output capability enabling significant advantages in power and design simplicity in a variety of form factors. With its discrete-class GPU core, AMD APU technology supports the current graphics standards like DirectX® 11 and outputs like DVI and HDMI.
Latest News Posts
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- Gearbox CEO addresses current Borderlands 3 rights rumors
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit