Intel Expands Software Development Efforts in Europe
Intel announced the opening of the Intel Romania Software Development Center today. The Intel Romania Software Development Center represents a multi-million Euro investment for the Intel Software and Services Group. Software innovations from the center's R&D work will help enable new and exciting consumer usages. Some recent examples of this type of Intel software innovation include the Intel AppUp Center and Intel's leadership in the MeeGo project.
The Intel Romania Software Development Center will focus on software solutions needed to create the best possible user experiences on a variety of Intel architecture based smart devices including smart phones and other common devices like smart TVs or in-vehicle infotainment systems. The center will initially conduct R&D for the MeeGo open source platform which provides great flexibility for smart devices and software developers.
"Intel has a long standing history in microprocessor development and manufacturing. In transforming Intel into to a computing company we need the best software talent to deliver on our vision," said Renee James, Intel Senior Vice President and General Manager, Software and Services Group. "Romania is an ideal location for software engineering talent due to a rich university environment, and close proximity to customers and ecosystem partners."
The Intel Romania Software Development Center will employ about two dozen software R&D professionals initially and is expected to grow its workforce to about three to four times that number as the site expands in development diversity. The new center's R&D professionals will continue in the tradition of open source software developments and release the new findings to the open source community in order to foster further improvements and early use of new technology.
Intel as a global company is committed to continuing our history of education, higher education and university partnerships. The Intel Romania Software Development Center will aim to drive future collaborations with academic and government institutions and work closely with European software industry partners.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit