Intel Expands Software Development Efforts in Europe
Intel announced the opening of the Intel Romania Software Development Center today. The Intel Romania Software Development Center represents a multi-million Euro investment for the Intel Software and Services Group. Software innovations from the center's R&D work will help enable new and exciting consumer usages. Some recent examples of this type of Intel software innovation include the Intel AppUp Center and Intel's leadership in the MeeGo project.
The Intel Romania Software Development Center will focus on software solutions needed to create the best possible user experiences on a variety of Intel architecture based smart devices including smart phones and other common devices like smart TVs or in-vehicle infotainment systems. The center will initially conduct R&D for the MeeGo open source platform which provides great flexibility for smart devices and software developers.
"Intel has a long standing history in microprocessor development and manufacturing. In transforming Intel into to a computing company we need the best software talent to deliver on our vision," said Renee James, Intel Senior Vice President and General Manager, Software and Services Group. "Romania is an ideal location for software engineering talent due to a rich university environment, and close proximity to customers and ecosystem partners."
The Intel Romania Software Development Center will employ about two dozen software R&D professionals initially and is expected to grow its workforce to about three to four times that number as the site expands in development diversity. The new center's R&D professionals will continue in the tradition of open source software developments and release the new findings to the open source community in order to foster further improvements and early use of new technology.
Intel as a global company is committed to continuing our history of education, higher education and university partnerships. The Intel Romania Software Development Center will aim to drive future collaborations with academic and government institutions and work closely with European software industry partners.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard