Intel Expands Software Development Efforts in Europe
Intel announced the opening of the Intel Romania Software Development Center today. The Intel Romania Software Development Center represents a multi-million Euro investment for the Intel Software and Services Group. Software innovations from the center's R&D work will help enable new and exciting consumer usages. Some recent examples of this type of Intel software innovation include the Intel AppUp Center and Intel's leadership in the MeeGo project.
The Intel Romania Software Development Center will focus on software solutions needed to create the best possible user experiences on a variety of Intel architecture based smart devices including smart phones and other common devices like smart TVs or in-vehicle infotainment systems. The center will initially conduct R&D for the MeeGo open source platform which provides great flexibility for smart devices and software developers.
"Intel has a long standing history in microprocessor development and manufacturing. In transforming Intel into to a computing company we need the best software talent to deliver on our vision," said Renee James, Intel Senior Vice President and General Manager, Software and Services Group. "Romania is an ideal location for software engineering talent due to a rich university environment, and close proximity to customers and ecosystem partners."
The Intel Romania Software Development Center will employ about two dozen software R&D professionals initially and is expected to grow its workforce to about three to four times that number as the site expands in development diversity. The new center's R&D professionals will continue in the tradition of open source software developments and release the new findings to the open source community in order to foster further improvements and early use of new technology.
Intel as a global company is committed to continuing our history of education, higher education and university partnerships. The Intel Romania Software Development Center will aim to drive future collaborations with academic and government institutions and work closely with European software industry partners.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard