Shattered Horizon¬ô - First In-Game Footage of Zero Gravity Shooter Revealed
Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio releases new trailer, screenshots, website and more
HELSINKI, FINLAND - OCTOBER 19, 2009 - Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio today released a new trailer showing the first in-game footage from Shattered Horizon¬ô, their upcoming multiplayer first-person shooter for the PC.
In Shattered Horizon, a catastrophic explosion on the Moon has filled near-Earth space with billions of tons of rocky debris. Survivors on the Moon are forced into conflict with those trapped on the battered International Space Station. Teams of players fight in zero gravity to control the limited supplies that mean the difference between survival and death in the cold of space.
With simple and intuitive controls, players have complete freedom of movement making full use of the distinctive zero gravity environments to control the battle. Shattered Horizon rewards players with gameplay and tactics impossible in games constrained by gravity.
"Raid on Moondust" trailer
The first trailer for Shattered Horizon to show in-game footage, this new video shows two players working together to take control of an asteroid being mined in near-Earth space. Players use rocket packs to fly freely through space and can land on any surface, surprising opponents by attacking from unexpected angles.
"This new trailer shows Shattered Horizon's realistic space setting and the player's complete freedom of movement," said Antti Summala, lead designer at Futuremark Games Studio. "FPS fans looking for a new multiplayer challenge this holiday should check out Shattered Horizon for an experience that is only possible in a game without gravity."
Futuremark Games Studio has also revealed the key art image for Shattered Horizon, an evocative scene of an armed astronaut floating above the Earth with the arc of Moon debris in the background.
The official Shattered Horizon website has been redesigned to act as a community hub for the game both before and after the game's launch.
Futuremark Games Studio has announced that Shattered Horizon has received a Teen rating from the ESRB. Ratings from other organizations are not yet available.
Coming to Earth 2009
Shattered Horizon is the first self-published title from Futuremark Games Studio and will be available via digital download this holiday. Visit the official website for more game details.
Information for Editors
A Shattered Horizon Press Kit is available from http://bit.ly/SH_PressKit For high resolution images. For print publications please contact fgs [at] Futuremark [dot] com
Keywords and Suggested Tags
Shattered Horizon, Futuremark, first-person shooter, FPS, zero gravity, multiplayer, PC, video game, trailer, screenshot, space, DirectX10,
Futuremark Games Studio Community
About Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio
Futuremark¬ģ Games Studio, wholly owned by Futuremark¬ģ Corporation, was formed in January 2008 to create original games with new and entertaining gameplay. Shattered Horizon¬ô is the studio's first self-published game. Shattered Horizon carries the NVIDIA¬ģ: The Way It's Meant To Be Played¬ô seal. Futuremark is based in Helsinki, Finland and maintains a sales office in Saratoga, California. For more information, please visit http://www.futuremark.com
¬© 2009 Futuremark¬ģ Corporation. Shattered Horizon¬ô and Futuremark¬ģGames Studio trademarks and logos, Futuremark character names and distinctive likenesses, are the exclusive property of Futuremark Corporation.
Latest News Posts
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 will be at E3 2018
- PS5 won't launch before 2021
- Sony may further experiment with portable gaming
- Sony's PS4 DualShock 4 gamepad: the most popular controller
- Tekken 7 receives a free DLC to celebrate 1-year anniversary
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit