SaberTooth┬Ö ZX 1.8-Inch PATA ZIF SSDs Deliver up to 3X Storage Performance Boost in Dell┬« Mini 12 and Selected Sony┬« Vaio Netbooks
Active Media Products' New Netbook SSD Upgrade Selector Guide Lists over Three Dozen SaberTooth ZX Compatible Netbooks
Fremont, California - September 28, 2009 - Active Media Products, manufacturer of SSDs and WWF series USB drives, today launched the new SaberTooth ZX series of 1.8-inch PATA ZIF SSDs that are ideal for upgrading popular netbooks such as the Dell Inspiron Mini 12, selected models of Sony Vaio, and more. The new SaberTooth ZX supports sequential read speeds up to 80MB/sec and sequential write speeds up to 38MB/sec. Combined with sub-millisecond access times, these new SSDs deliver double or triple the performance of the default hard drives in most netbooks, resulting in substantially faster bootup, application load and shutdown speeds.
Measuring 70 x 54 x 5 mm, the ZX was designed to the same physical specs as 1.8-inch HDDs. It uses a parallel ATA (PATA / IDE) ZIF interface, and supports PIO mode 6 and Ultra DMA mode 6. SaberTooth ZX is compatible with most netbooks that use 1.8" PATA ZIF hard drives. It is one of the fastest and easiest ways to upgrade dozens of different netbooks and UMPCs to higher performance and more local storage.
SaberTooth SSD Advantages
SaberTooth SSDs are custom engineered as a more responsive storage alternative for netbooks. Active Media Products has developed an SSD selector guide to make it easier for users to pick the right SSD to upgrade their netbook. It includes scores of the most popular netbooks, UMPCs and tablet PCs. Upgrading to SaberTooth SSDs offers a wealth of advantages over default HDDs including:
- Substantially faster bootup and application load speeds compared to default netbook HDDs;
- Consume far less power than HDDs, which means you'll enjoy longer battery life and greater productivity;
- Lighter weight than an HDD;
- No moving parts;
- Completely silent operation;
- Produce less heat than an HDD;
- More rugged and reliable than an HDD.
According to Vice President of Sales at Active Media Products, Jerry Thomson, "Our new SSD selector guide makes it a breeze for users to find the best SSD for their mini PCs. It may be the web's most complete netbook SSD upgrade guide, and lists a few dozen netbook models that are compatible with the new SaberTooth ZX". The ZX's SMI controller includes ECC, wear leveling and bad bit management technologies to improve reliability and extend the life of the drive. 32GB and 64GB SaberTooth ZX SSDs are available today through Amazon for $99 and $160 respectively.
ABOUT ACTIVE MEDIA PRODUCTS
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. We envision unique new mobile storage devices that are vastly more interesting than traditional storage bricks, and we apply our product design and engineering talents to developing exciting new storage products. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to launch new ideas into the market a step ahead of the competition.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon plan 1984-style facial recognition tech for US cities
- Apple block Valve's Steam Link app over 'business conflicts'
- GeForce 397.93 drivers optimized for State of Decay 2, more
- US Department of Justice looking into crypto price fixing
- Epic is working on more major updates for Fortnite
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit