CorsairÂ® Re-launches Dominator GT Ultra-Performance DRAM Modules
- Implements changes in materials and qualification to bring Hyper-based overclocking modules back to market -
Fremont, CA. July 22, 2009 - CorsairÂ®, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer memory, power supplies, and flash memory products including solid-state drives, today re-introduced the popular Dominator GT line of memory modules. These modules had been removed from the market due to unacceptable failure levels of the Elpida "Hyper" components with which the modules are constructed.
"The issue with the Hyper RAMs was discovered with the help of the enthusiast community, and we worked closely with them to solve it," stated John Beekley, VP of Applications Engineering at Corsair. "Our lab was able to correlate the failures to specific batches of early material, we worked very closely with Elpida to determine the root cause of the issue and to define the associated corrective actions to take. We are confident that every GT module using the Elpida Hyper IC Corsair ships from today will meet our strict quality and reliability standard."
The Dominator GT memory kits are being re-introduced with updated part numbers, and will be available within one to two weeks. All Dominator GT modules are black with red fins, and include the Airflow cooling fan. Module kits and specifications are as follows:
All Corsair Dominator GT modules are built using the patent-pending DHX+ (Dual-path Heat eXchange) heatsink, which uniquely cools both the front and back of the memory ICs, and the printed circuit board, for greater reliability and increased overclocking flexibility. DHX+ modules also utilize removable heatsink fins, which allows for range of Dominator GT cooling options, including the Corsair CoolingÂ™ Hydro Series H30 waterblock and Ice Series T30 thermo-electric cooler, which actively cools the modules up to 20Â°C below ambient temperature for maximum overclockability.
All Dominator GT products also ship with the Corsair Airflow fan as standard, which maximizes airflow over the module's cooling fins, increasing heat dissipation to improve memory performance and reliability.
The new Dominator GT modules will be available within one to two weeks from Corsair's authorized distributors, resellers worldwide and Corsair's web store at corsair.com, These modules are backed by Corsair's limited lifetime warranty. Complete customer support via telephone, email, forum and Tech Support Express is also available.
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory, Inc., is a worldwide leader in high-performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra-efficient power supplies, our flagship products, Including DominatorÂ™ memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts, and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of Flash VoyagerÂ® and Flash SurvivorÂ™ USB storage devices. Corsair offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit https://www.corsair.com
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ