CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher series of games, announce Novigrad, the second expansion to GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.
Watch the Novigrad expansion trailer.
Themed around the criminal underbelly of Novigrad - one of the major locations gamers had the opportunity to explore in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - GWENT's next expansion adds a new faction known as The Syndicate. The faction comes with over 90 cards and 5 new leaders, featuring some of the most wanted scoundrels, freebooters and cutthroats the free city has ever seen. The expansion also adds 15 cross-faction cards, which can be used both in Syndicate decks, as well as ones from across other GWENT factions.
The expansion also introduces a set of new abilities and mechanics that let players wage war in devious new ways. Using Crowns, a new battle resource, players can have units with the Fee ability perform vile acts against the opponent. Placing a Bounty on an enemy and eliminating the target will replenish a leader's Crown reserves. Crime, a new special card category, allows players to gain the upper hand in battle and boost allied units with the Intimidate keyword. And that's just scratching the surface of what Novigrad brings to GWENT's battlefields.
Prior to the expansion's release, players can take advantage of a special Novigrad pre-order offer. Two separate packs are available to choose from, both featuring kegs with expansion-only cards, as well as a unique animated cardback.
Learn more about the Novigrad pre-order offer
Novigrad is coming to GWENT for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on June 28th, 2019. The expansion will release in the form of a free content update. For more information, visit the expansion's official website, as well as follow the news on playgwent.com.
About GWENT: The Witcher Card Game
In GWENT: The Witcher Card Game, gamers clash with their friends in fast-paced duels that combine bluffing, on-the-fly decision making and careful deck construction. The game is played over a best-of-three series of rounds, as players unleash their hand by slinging spells and diverse units with special abilities, and use clever tricks to deceive their opponents
About CD PROJEKT RED
CD PROJEKT RED is a game development studio founded in 2002. It develops and publishes video games for personal computers and video game consoles. The studio's flagship titles include The Witcher series of games, Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, GWENT: The Witcher Card Game and the upcoming futuristic AAA role-playing game - Cyberpunk 2077. Together with GOG.COM, a game store offering hand-picked titles for PC and Mac, CD PROJEKT RED is part of the CD PROJEKT Capital Group. CD PROJEKT S.A. is listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange (ISIN: PLOPTTC00011).
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus is for new beefy gaming phones
- ASUS ROG Phone II sports next-gen Snapdragon 855 Plus chip
- Xbox Kinect sensors being used as cameras in Newark airport
- uPlay+ is transformative for Ubisoft's digital business
- Control's PC requirements: GTX 1060, Intel i5-7500, 8GB RAM
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access