LONDON, UK - 17 June, 2019 - Developers New Star Games announced that Buoyant, the latest game from the BAFTA award-winning studio, breezes onto iOS and Android devices today.
Buoyant is a departure for the sports game developer best known for the massively successful New Star Soccer brand which been downloaded over 30 million times. Buoyant is a deceptively simple, one touch, high score chasing, endless game.
Dig a bit deeper and you have a fiendishly addictive, punishing challenge that will push player skills to their limits. Add a chilled out soundtrack, leaderboards, achievements and that "one more go" magic and you have a game that floats like a butterfly, but stings like a bee, or more specifically, stings like a lot of nasty spiky obstacles floating in the water.
Simon Read, creator and owner of New Star Games gave some insight into the idea behind the game, which came off the back of a game jam session. "I wanted to make a 2D version of Wave Race 64, so I started playing around with wave physics. I soon had a little pixel-art guy on a jet ski surfing along but found when I switched to a more abstract style that the game was more appealing. It was great fun to create and I've enjoyed working on a shorter project, and now I'm looking forward to getting it out there and seeing what the response is like."
Buoyant is also a departure from what is seen as normal in "free to play" games on mobile. This is because Buoyant has no adverts at all and only 1 optional purchase. Players can enjoy a number of plays every day for free, but they can unlock unlimited plays for just Ãƒ,Ã,Â£1.99 and that's it.
For more information on Buoyant please visit the official website here. Players can also check out the latest videos on YouTube and follow the game on Twitter
Buoyant download links:- iOS https://apps.apple.com/app/buoyant/id1462400352
About New Star Games
New Star Games, founded and led by Simon Read, is an independent games publisher & developer based in Buckingham, UK. Fuelled by the extraordinary success of New Star Soccer, which went on to win a BAFTA in 2013, this small but perfectly formed and highly focused developer is set to continue to light up the sports game genre with its now trademark mix of action, lifestyle strategy and RPG. For more information, please visit: http://www.newstargames.com/
Latest News Posts
- Join the fight in our 'Alita: Battle Angel' Blu-ray giveaway
- Bloodborne is getting its very own physical vinyl soundtrack
- Eddie Murphy might be come back to stand-up comedy for $70m
- The Witcher TV show will NEVER adapt the video games
- 'Holy Grail' of computer science found in Quantum Computing
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Nowhere Prophet out now on Steam
- Soul Searching is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019!
- Batter Up! Metalhead Software to Launch Super Mega Baseball 2: Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch July 25
- Represent Your Identity and New Ideas with .id Domain Name
- Asmodee Digital Reveals Pandemic's Announcement Trailer, Launch Date and Price